DELETING MP ITEMS

Kaid Hawker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I need to delete some Marketplace items.  I've followed the instructions given for this procedure.

I've unlisted the items, however, when I go back to delete, I do not get a DELETE option in the drop down box next to the item. I even logged out and waited several hours before logging back in to delete, but I still do not get a DELETE option for the unlisted items. My options remain, LIST, UNLIST, EDIT.  Nothing more.

Am I missing a step?   It's probably a simple fix, but I'm not seeing it atm. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

No, I do not get that option.  I DO get that option on unassociated items, but not on items already set up for purchase.  I've tried everything I can think of, but I am not finding a way to delete those unavailable items.  Even going in on an individual basis, I can't delete.  I'm only given the option to Edit, List, or Unlist.

Hello,

I just checked my listings and I can confirm that bug.  It only affects my magic box item.  The item is available. The commands from the 'actions' menu are 'list or unlist, preview and edit'.  But as you say no option to delete. 

My direct delivery listings are unaffected. 

Okay, I think I found the simple answer.

The items that would not allow a DELETE option, were indeed Magic Box items.  You still need to go to Magic Box with these, and delete them from the Magic Box.  It then took severl refresh attempts, logging out, and a couple more refreshes, before these items showed up PINK, with a DELETE option.  Ryota, you are correct.  There is no way, evidently, of deleting more than one item at a time.  So once you do get a delete option, you have to go back and individually delete each item, which is a total PIA.  I believe, under the old system, you could click on multiple items and delete...which doesn't seem to be an option anymore.  However...I think the problem is now solved.  Thank you for your responses!

ETA: Looks like you got it figured out. Ignore everything below.

Kaid, make sure you remove the items from every Magic Box as well. Double-check that the Magic Boxes you have rezzed are accurately reported on the Magic Box status page under the Inventory menu on the Merchant Dashboard Home page. Note that you'll have to click the "Cancel" option in the "XStreet is closed for purchases" warning that pops up when you try to view that page.

After you've made sure the Magic Boxes (Servers) listed are correct and after you have made sure to remove the item from every Magic Box, synchronize the Marketplace with your Magic Boxes by clicking on the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button at the top of the Manage Listings page.

Give the site a few minutes (smoke a cigarette, go wash some dishes, take out the garbage .. whatever you can do to absorb 5-10 minutes) then refresh the Manage Listings page and see if the "Delete" option is present in the Actions menu. The item should show as Unavailable and, if I recall correctly, the line item will be highlighted in red as well.

You can only delete a listing once its associated object is gone from the Marketplace's knowledge of which products are available for delivery. As long as it thinks the item is present in at least one Magic Box, it will not let you delete the listing.

Let us know if this works or not ... and my fingers are crossed for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.