Creating Eyes Graphics

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy, Everbody!

I have just completed work on some new eyes.  All the creation work is done, but I have no idea how to photograph them so that the vendor graphic looks nice.  I've tried different angles, close up's, distances, and every snapshot looks terrible.  I wear a cowboy hat inworld and in closeup shots with the angle up towards my eyes, my hat looks like it's miles too big for my head.  So, I took it off.  Then my forehead looked huge.  It was a mess.  :-)

I'd appreciate any help you can give on how to photograph eyes so they look natural and are close enough in the photo so that customers can actually see the color and details.

Thanks in advance!

Marcus

Change your camera's angle of view (Ctrl + 0 narrows it, Ctrl + 8 widens it, and Ctrl + 9 resets it) in conjunction with actually moving it closer or farther from your face, until you manage the desired closeup without the associated perspective distortion you describe. Most likely in your case you'll need to narrow the angle about two or three steps - therefore two or three presses of Ctrl + 0

Ren Toxx wrote:

Change your camera's angle of view (Ctrl + 0 narrows it, Ctrl + 8 widens it, and Ctrl + 9 resets it) in conjunction with actually moving it closer or farther from your face, until you manage the desired closeup without the associated perspective distortion you describe. Most likely in your case you'll need to narrow the angle about two or three steps - therefore two or three presses of Ctrl + 0

Thank you, Ren!  I'll give that a try in a bit and let you know if that worked!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.