Cannot see most of my MarketPlace items, when I search on my store name, or my own name

Rhys Goode

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sell a variety of M and A items in my store.  I search on an item, it comes right up, and if I click "visit my store", it works, and I see all my wares, just fine.  But if instead of searching items, I search on merchants/stores, the only thing that comes back it the one and only G item is the only thing I see, if my search prefs in MP are set to G/M/A.  

(If I set the search prefs to A, I get everything, including all the M and the one G item, but A is not really much good for most of the stuff I ever search on)

So it looks like telling someone, "Yeah, just look up my name one Marketplace" is a pretty useless thing to do.  Or is there some configuration trick I am missing?

I all so have a mix of maturity listing at my store, from my test it look like searching by avatar or store name return the top 3 non adult items, even when searching for my name with the maturity filter set to adult only.

I don't think it should be too much of a problem, people should likely know how to find the rest of your store by clicking on one of the items shown, a better way of telling people how to find your store would be to have a link in your profile and then just point people to your profile, this is all so good if some else tells some one about your item, or they see it inworld and click on it to see who made it, then check your profile to see where your store is.

If you sold adult only items then this would be a bigger problem as your store would look empty when search for by name, as far as I can tell the only way to fix that would be to make something non adult that would show up.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I think it makes a difference if you are logged in or not.

I just tried searching my store names again logged in and with adult only set in the maturity filters, and just get the top 3 non adult items, even tho my top items are adult.  As far as I can tell adult items never show up when searching by merchants/store names tab, I checked an all adult store and it shows no items.

I've all ways had a mix of maturity levels in my items so never noticed this before.  There's still a link with the stores name but it dose make it look like it's an empty store, if your expecting images.

I think it would be nice if the search results for this type of search just took you to the merchants stores homepage, I don't see the point of adding a page with just 3 items, when your searching for the store in the first place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.