Can use render picture retouched picture for advertisement on marketplace or not.

Darkness Neiro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

**I not good at english and don't learn about 3D at first .

some word , some question maybe make you confused . sorry **

Like subject topic.

Can use render picture for advertisement  or can use picture capture model on Second life world only?

If you confused please read more.

In real world i learn about biology in university.

I join in Second life  because maybe can make special money. (Get 50-100 US dollar / month is to high for me )

I use sketchup because easy to learn and easy to make building .

(I know sktchup have to many disadvantage if upload model to Second life.)

(But i hope have someone care about idea more "Heavy prim , Heavy Land impact , Full perm, Perfect seamless/mesh" )

Now i already make model. I gonna sell  pure model (Have only model and texture) no special effect or flash.

But have one worry about picture for advertisement.

Example real model picture capture

before render.jpg

Example render picture 

after Render.jpg

I can use render  picture or not ?

This model is no light or shadow at first. My customer is gonna edit by myself.

*Like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwoG9TqKHM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdYv0R6CG8s

Thanks for reply

Don't use renders.

Show mesh as it is in second life when you sell.

When people see that mesh looks different in the picture than in second life, they will be upset and give you a bad review.

Because they didn't get what they saw in the ad picture.

You can show the mesh using different settings in second life, like different windlight, and ultra graphics setting that will show shadows. Take photos from second life.

As Amethyst Jetaime wrote, you can adjust the lighting in SL to give you very nearly the same image.

You can use Preferences in the viewer to control the lighting. You can  position the sun and change its color using the Windlight settings in the viewer.

There are camera settings in the Debug Settings of the viewer. Plus Ctrl-8, 9, 0 keys change the lens from wide angle to telephoto.

The SL Viewer has all the settings you need. But, the Firestorm viewer has those settings in panels where they are easy to find. Plus they have tool tips to explain what they do. I recommend the Firestorm Viewer for you.

Also, you can write in your native language and use Google translate to get a pretty good translation for use here. Writing in complete sentences and paragraphs helps the Google translator do a better job. It is not perfect. But, it may help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.