Can't get a hold of Kal Rau for two weeks now, bought some stuff and it's broken.

ChrisAurora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone can get a hold of Kal Rau for me please?

I've been trying to contact him for two weeks now.  It was the first thing I bought in second life the casual shirt m4.  It had a lot of options with a hud.  Eveything works except both huds (tie and shirt).  This is how the HUD loads (http://imgur.com/pAMmELO) I can only click a few buttons but can only change one part of the shirt.

I've been trying to contact§ him over facebook, left a comment on his youtube video and sent him different IM'(s and a notecard.  Never see some staff in his store either.

Does somebody know Kal or can send him an email if he could help me please?

People have tried to help me, I even ressed the HUD and tried to reset scripts but the option is always greyed out.

EDIT: i bought it in the world so I have no option for a redelivery

While two weeks in Second Life terms can seem like rather a long time, its really not, so you may still hear from Kal about his product.  The main store still exists inworld, and he generally has a good reputation, so there will be a good reason why he's not been back in touch with you yet (ie he's busy in SL, but also has a RL that takes up a lot of his time).

But hopefully Sassy's suggestion will have helped you already.

Hi Sassy, I tried editting and dragging it on the other half of my screen -> same issue

Marigold & Pamela > yep maybe he's on vacation, but I'm the impatient type of guy.  Also when you try so see his profile it's says: This name is unavailable.  Hence I made a forum post.  I did sent him IM and also the notecard with all the info I dragged into IM.

Aethelwine: I didn't block myself thanks for the tip though!

I was with Chris when he purchased the shirt.  It came as a folder, so it wasn't like he could unpack a fresh hud and start anew.  I didn't see any redelivery terminals in the store either.  Chris has learned how to navigate SL pretty quick!  This one is tricky though.  I helped guide him through contacting Kal.  For some reason, Chris couldn't pull up Kal's profile, but I can with no issues.  It says in Kal's profile to contact him in IM if online, notecard if offline.  Chris did both just to ensure the message went through.  I've told him to wait and see, but as he admitted, he's an impatient guy!  Thanks to the suggestions you lovely forumites (thats a word, right?)  have presented so far...hope some more ideas are put forward.

Cheers

Autumn

Yep SL support cannot do anything for me.  Sad tbh I toutgh they would be more commercial.  Just letting all you merchants know this.

These were my first days in SL and it was my first purchase.  You would think SL support would put the lindens back into my wallet to keep me a happy customer so I stay subbed and buy from all your merchants.  After this very sour support chat with them I prolly won't return after my sub runs out.  Nor will I spent any more RL money on SL.  

This was a very bad first experience for me, blame LL for being so uncommercial. 

And this is why I have repeatedly called for a marketplace listing to show the merchants last login date and also require that merchantsr evalidate listings regularly, otherwise they should automatically expire.

The reality here is that LL IS acting commercially. They don't have your money, they paid it to the merchant. I understand your sentiment as far as user relationships go but that's their view.

Caveat emptor.

ChrisAurora wrote:

i'm in his shop now in world it is till there..

That is really odd.  Can you Private Message the SLURL or send me the LM?

I searched for their profile also and their account no longer exists as far as I can discern.

But I did run into a strange situation a few months ago with a Merchant.

I had purchased a defective item InWorld.  Tried contacting the merchant.  No reply after a couple weeks so joined their Group.  Tried to discern if maybe they had an Alt I could contact.  Made the discovery they were no longer in their own group and there were no other owners assigned.  The Land the store was on was deeded to the group.  Shortly after the store was gone and the land marked as abandoned.  Their store on the MP empty also.

It was like they simply vanished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ChrisAurora wrote:

Yep SL support cannot do anything for me.  Sad tbh I toutgh they would be more commercial.  Just letting all you merchants know this.

These were my first days in SL and it was my first purchase.  You would think SL support would put the lindens back into my wallet to keep me a happy customer so I stay subbed and buy from all your merchants.  After this very sour support chat with them I prolly won't return after my sub runs out.  Nor will I spent any more RL money on SL.  

This was a very bad first experience for me, blame LL for being so uncommercial. 

Why would LL refund you money they did not collect from you? If you buy something from an online store and it turns out to be broken and they close shop, can you get your money back from someone? So, one bad experience with support and a merchant who is no longer in SL and you are ready to quit... What makes me think you really aren't the type to stay anyway?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.