Before removing someones Item from the marketplace.....

Hanna Redrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a message regarding "FLAGGED ITEMS"

Those in charge of checking marketplace items you might want to check if the person who flagged the item as "Not as Advertised" ACTUALLY purchased the item before removing it from the merchants MP Store. How the hell can they know its not as advertised when they havent bought it... this just allows pathetic bullies in SL to continue.

I am surprised how fast that gets taken care of ...yet all the copyright material, stolen material and fake material are able to remain on the MP.... not to mention those inworld who contantly bully other designers because they have nothing better to do with their time them try and destroy their business due to complete and utter jealously.

How come a flagged "NOT AS ADVERTISED" gets taken care of so fast... yet a report inword regarding copyright, bullying and slander get zero response???

There are two types of Copy-Botting.

1.) Is using a middle man to steal content then having someone un-related post and sell the content or using a different hardware id / IP address to avoid a ban or detection.

2.) The second type is those who just copy a bunch of avatar hairs for example and throw them up on the market place or pass them around as a freebie who cares type.

While Linden Lab generally requires a DMCA, It seems like they could offer residents a way to still file a complaint that content is still Copy-Botted and it could work in a way similar to a person selects the content that ist illegally being sold then selects the merchant whose content has been being illegally shown in world by typing their user name, and a message would be sent to the merchant in world where they can submit a DMCA claim, and if they click no that its not stolen then that persons report status goes down once they get a certain number of points of false reports it would no longer allow reporting. Also accounts woh report would have to be at least like 500 days old, this would prevent general toxicity abuse, and work similar to the behavioral systems coming out in online games.

3.) Linden Lab should actually update the "Not As Advertised" option and make it so the person filing to report has to tell Linden Lab exactly why the product isn't advertised.

4.) On another bit of off Topic "I noticed Linden Lab has recently changed the market place and add a "Spam or Disallowed Listing Practice." listing called (Harmful or Disruptive Content.)  I have personally reported a few products which I have good faith disrupt game-play for other residents, violate the Terms OF Service, and are not sold as advertised but the problem is Linden Lab did not give me any way to "Type a specific reason" to why I was flagging the content.

The problem that I have personally experienced both In World, and On the market place is that I have Flagged a specic product that I have good faith Breaks the Terms OF Service, and is Disruptive at lesat 3 different times over the years of playing Second Life as well as filed in World abuse reports, I have even taken my complaint as far as file a support ticket with Linden Lab in which I was told that the only way anything could be done is "Writing a Letter Real Life" to Linden Lab about the issue to get any actual response so I sent a Fax to Linden Lab instead its been like 5 days and no response yet.

I think the Market Place needs a bit of improvements in response to these issues, and I think Linden Lab needs ot actually have a team who can handle in world abuse, and griefing who can respond to support tickets as well instead of just billing.

Someone should write a memo to the pointy hairs that copy-botters frequently sell for very low prices, and sometimes even free.

Then, when they blink and maintain their perpetual look of confusion, exaplin that 5% of nothing is nothing.  and nothing is less than something... and something is good

Hanna Redrose wrote:

Just a message regarding "FLAGGED ITEMS"

Those in charge of checking marketplace items you might want to check if the person who flagged the item as "
Not as Advertised
"
ACTUALLY
purchased the item before removing it from the merchants MP Store. How the hell can they know its not as advertised when they havent bought it... this just allows pathetic bullies in SL to continue.

I am surprised how fast that gets taken care of ...yet all the copyright material, stolen material and fake material are able to remain on the MP.... not to mention those inworld who contantly bully other designers because they have nothing better to do with their time them try and destroy their business due to complete and utter jealously.

How come a flagged "NOT AS ADVERTISED" gets taken care of so fast... yet a report inword regarding copyright, bullying and slander get zero response???

Way to pay attention. first of all, go look at the options. not as avertised includes wrong category.  As noted by your other post, you seem to be under the impression that the only reason why your item might have been unlisted is because of the permissions.

If you are not getting the emails, you should, that way you can see what item and why it was removed. 

Looking at your listings, the newest one you have is a quilt?  but for some unknown reason you put it into the buildings area.  um.. why?  do you really think a quilt is a building? seriously?

how clueless to you have to be to put a blanket in the same area with gas stations?

Hanna Redrose wrote:

Try reading before you reply ... you have no idea what you are talking about!!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines?

"Be sure to follow these guidelines, the Second Life Terms of Service, and the Second Life Community Guidelines when listing items on the Marketplace. If your listings do not adhere to these guidelines or any Linden Lab policy, we may remove them, in our discretion, and no refunds will be issued for any removed listings. If you violate these guidelines or any Linden Lab policy, your SL Marketplace privileges may be revoked and your account(s) terminated."

"Listings in the wrong or inappropriate Top Level categories may be disabled or removed to avoid confusion."

As for your question about copyright, those are legal issues, not tos issues. Again, you really should educate yourself better.

http://lindenlab.com/tos#tos7

"Linden Lab will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)"

"If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Website, then you may send us a written notice"

If you do not own the rights, or you do not legally represent the person//entity that owns the rights, Linden Lab can do nothing with regards to your claiming that the sale of an item violates someone elses copyrights.

DMCA is US Federal Law. It isn't just something people at Linden pulled out of their butts and is using to annoy people.  It is the Law, at the highest level, in the United States.

If you do not like that someone with a fake name, in a fake world, with no information, or even fake information, on their account and go around claiming people are breaking the law and have Linden Lab remove the items or ban the seller, then you should complain to the federal senators and representatives and demand that they change the law.

And if you honestly believe that people in a fake world, with fake names, and no real life information, or possibly fake information should have any control over what you sell then you are whack in the head.

It's not a very expansive list though.

For example, a fraudulent item that's a box under the guise of a different product.  The only flag reason there is "incorrect listing image" which really doesn't go any way towards the severity of the reason for flagging and to anyone looking would see that potentially as a minor issue.

Anyway, nothing will happen about it so nothing more to say.

Sassy Romano wrote:

It's not a very expansive list though.

For example, a fraudulent item that's a box under the guise of a different product.  The only flag reason there is "incorrect listing image" which really doesn't go any way towards the severity of the reason for flagging and to anyone looking would see that potentially as a minor issue.

Anyway, nothing will happen about it so nothing more to say.

Just like with the copyright stuff though.  if it isn't an option, then using that tool is the wrong way to report the problem.

Kinda like calling 911 when McDonalds didn't give you your french fries. Only unlike someone dumb enough to call 911 for a reason like not getting their fries still gets through, and ends up on youtube or another internet site, being made fun of, linden just flat out will not let you report issues that must be handled through different channels.

I dosage, more like they haven't included the right options to do it properly.

Residents shouldn't have to jump through hoops in order to report things like fraudulent listings such as empty boxes with fake adverts. LL already dismiss this as merely just a list to user issue that they don't get involved with. How much mute dismissive and slopey shouldered do you want then to get?

What method do you suggest here? This example isn't a DMCA issue, Support dismiss claims of fraud boxes as not their problem, so what IS the proper route for this Jacob?

I got one red flagged yesterday for "The item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) 

I have no idea what was wrong with the listing in all honesty. I can't even find the listing to relist it again and I can't be bothered trying to work out what piece of text was considered "Spam" so I just left it alone.

I always assume its competitors doing this thing. I wouldn't imagine a customer would be bothered to flag it.. but a competitor would for sure. 

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

I got one red flagged yesterday for "T
he item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) 

I have no idea what was wrong with the listing in all honesty. I can't even find the listing to relist it again and I can't be bothered trying to work out what piece of text was considered "Spam" so I just left it alone.

I always assume its competitors doing this thing. I wouldn't imagine a customer would be bothered to flag it.. but a competitor would for sure. 

Really, LilyBeth, why so paranoid and angry?  I looked at some of your keywords just now and I see why someone would flag them -- when people search "skin", for example, they do not want to see animal fur textures. 

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

he item has been blocked due to Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" it was a Medieval Ceiling Tile Material Set (Diffuse Specular Normal Maps) 

It may not have been a customer.. there are some people who flag things they come across that are miss tagged. when it happened to me my first thought wasn't a competetor, it was " damn, what keyword did i goof on?"

Pamela Galli wrote:

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Really, LilyBeth, why so paranoid and angry?  I looked at some of your keywords just now and I see why someone would flag them -- when people search "skin", for example, they do not want to see animal fur textures. 

Get a grip you silly moo lol 

I've more than once flagged items as "not as advertised". Mostly that's things that show  up in a search that have categories or descriptions listed that are clearly wrong.

Think male skins listed as female skins, advertisements for land listed as landscaping items, things like that.

No need to buy those, they're clearly either deliberately or mistakenly incorrectly listed.

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Relisting it would also get you into trouble if the item was blocked. Just look at the email that was sent to you and it will give you the information about the item.  If you cannot figure it out, send in a support case.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacob Cagney wrote:

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

Relisting it would also get you into trouble if the item was blocked. Just look at the email that was sent to you and it will give you the information about the item.  If you cannot figure it out, send in a support case.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I cannot find it to relist so I haven't bothered. I did not know they "blocked" them but the email gave me nothing to go off other than "spam" 

Anyhooo it's really no biggy  :) But thanks for your response. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.