Anyone seen anything like this?

Lyra Blackthorne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have hundreds of products  in our store and with each product we offer product, a demo, or style card for purchase.  Right now we are using 3 distinct prim to accomplish this. Clutter city! Was wondering if there was a single product vendor that might offer three purchase options...anyone using anything like this or have info on?  Thanks!

ask in their support group. its really good and someone will be able to offer more help.

they do have a single vendor which can offer the product, a demo, notecard and item description in chat. it has many configuration options and comes with many types of vendors. the web interface is quick and easy to use with a plethora of features. if you input your marketplace ID/Ref then CasperVend site will track all those orders too and can offer redelivery on them.

there is a free full featured version (CasperTech takes a small commision %), but if you buy the pro version it takes no commision. so you can easily try before you buy. also midnight mania and other addons are avaiblie.

i can not recemoned CasperTech products more highly.

(and i am not affiliated with CasperTech in any way).

If you don't want to go the vendor route, you can do this trivially with your existing prims.

Set a taper on the prim and squash it flat, you then have 3 texturable faces, a big one for the advert and then one above and one below (could be marked demo and notecard) or whatever.

http://gyazo.com/484cf1a32c46c439be2c4392f8e45790

http://gyazo.com/33be8d7adf5ba1c356f306c094066dd6

Right click "Buy" will then purchase, touching top or bottom areas will give demo or notecard with this simple script:-

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        key av = llDetectedKey(0);        integer i = llDetectedTouchFace(0);        if (i == 2)        {            llGiveInventory(av,"demo product");        }        else         if (i == 4)        {            llGiveInventory(av,"style notecard");        }    }}

A few minutes more and the script could even be changed to change the shape of the prim and set textures for the top and bottom such that all you'd have to do is drop the script into each prim.

Lyra Blackthorne wrote:

yes doing something like that now...just 3 separate prims per product seems too cluttered.  Maybe just need to work on presentation of the prim so they at least appear to be integrated

It does not appear you understood the description. The script presented uses only 1 prim to provide 3 forward faces, which could each offer one selection.  This would be your integration you are looking for with less prims.

As I understand it, you wouldn't need different prices since one face would deliver the style notecard, another face would deliver the demo, presumably free and the overall right click behavior would be to buy for the price of the object.

Set it up with that script and it should be obvious.

To make each face do a separate price would need to first pop a menu to"choose product", put that pic in the centre frame (to make it obvious and consistent with typical behavior of multi vendors) and then set price. It could be done but as above, I don't think it's what you need.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.