Any Plans To Remove Item Listings That No Longer Exist?

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a relatively tiny store compared to the majority of merchants on Second LIfe, but even I am suffering from list spam on my own info pages.

When I want to associate a related item to a listing, I'm still getting choices from items I have removed entirely from my store in Second Life, yet they are still available.

This occurs on EVERY info section from "Top Selling Products", "Top Searched Products" etc.

I synced up my magic box with the marketplace, but doesnt seem to remove irrelevant store product listings.

Is this normal, and if so, can this be changed so I dont have to sift through products that no longer exist?

It's normal. Apparently LL thinks it is a "feature" while the rest of us find it to be "an annoying bug". Such is life with the lab at times, eh?

You can't remove those items from your related list/search. I still have stuff that I sold back when MP first rolled out from Xstreet I no longer sell(and haven't for years) that come up in that list too. It was once a lot more annoying than it is now. I suppose I've just gotten used to it over the years. 

Yeah, its a mess. Makes me think every model I've uploaded still exists on their servers, and I don't really have any control over stuff at all.

Good to find this out early to be very careful to what gets uploaded, updated, unlisted, etc. I suspect nothing realy gets deleted for comparison reasons. (helps their bots find a relisting by matching against still existing 'hidden' objects)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.