Advertising in SL? How to?

Alyxen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Long story short. I have what people say is a great store with great items.

Problem: Business parnter leaving due to health issues. No one comes in to the store unless I have rediculous 50L sales.

I create full perm HQ Mesh and Textures, have great items, and currently advertise in like 5 groups. I currently get like 2-3 people a day if I am lucky (and it isnt a crazy sale). Am I missing something huge or something?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Could be the sim your on is not getting any traffic except for your store.  I get traffic in my store everyday and I hardly advertise in any groups during the week.  Usually just on weekends.   The reason I get traffic is because of the stores on my sim.  We all benefit from "residual" traffice from each others stores.  Our sim is themed for home and garden and has a themed design to promote and encourage visitors to walk or fly around the whole sim.  You might want to think about moving to a sim with better traffic.

Alyxen wrote:

Long story short. I have what people say is a great store with great items.

Problem: Business parnter leaving due to health issues. No one comes in to the store unless I have rediculous 50L sales.

I create full perm HQ Mesh and Textures, have great items, and currently advertise in like 5 groups. I currently get like 2-3 people a day if I am lucky (and it isnt a crazy sale). Am I missing something huge or something?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Dear Alyxen,

Depending on your market, SL is a saturated market. There is nothing ridicilous about 50L sales. In fact the most popular SL fashion stores sell their products around 200- max 500L$. I can't judge your product unless you post a link, which would be convenient. However you have to realise, bringing avatars to your in-world store is really tough. Most people shop using marketplace, and when they do visit a store it is mainly to preview items they couldn't see properly or sufficiently on pictures (ex: houses). My advice to you would be to focus on Marketplace. It doesn't cost anything other than commission but sales are practically guaranteed.

Also, are you displaying your items properly? Good pictures with prices and perms on it? Are the objects placed in a tactical position within the store?

Stef.

• 2 weeks later...

Joining hunts is a great way to boost traffic. 

First, join a hunt.  Sometimes they have a theme, sometimes they don't.  Then you make a prize, hide it in your store somewhere, and customers come by to find it.  It has worked tremendously for me and increasing my sales for only a few hours of work.

Shinga Z.

Hello Alyxen, I will name few things you can do to boost your traffic...

1. Create a signature that will show in your posts here, forums don't allow advertising but signature is ok and right now if you had it I bet at least one person would go to visit your shop in-world,
  2. Create a blog for your store and keep it updated, for each new release make a blog post, put few photos and describe the product, make sure you connect with other bloggers and put the link from your blog in your in-world profile,
  3. Create a Flickr account and post photos there, submit each photo to relevant groups (New release, Advertising etc.) and tag them appropriatelly, add contacts and engage with others - comments, likes,
  4. Create a Facebook account and, besides information about your SL business make sure to connect with other users and submit photos to relevant groups,
  5. Each product that is uploaded to marketplace has a little share button so from time to time you can share one of them on your social sites,
  6. Create an in-world group for your brand and try to send regular group gifts and special promo deals through it,
  7. Find few good bloggers that will use your products in their posts and help with marketing,
  8. Each new product you make send it to few of your friends,,
  9. Join hunts and apply to participate in events,

While doing all this try to find a balance between socializing and promoting; you don't want to spam people and don't want to look like you are connecting with them just to send infos about your business even though thats the whole point. It is huge work and many people simply give up or don't have the time to do it. If thats the case with you I suggest to hire a person to do your marketing. Good luck! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.