AZZ now triggers a Moderate listing!

EonCross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I know, it was a wrong decision in the first place to include an adult word in a famous product's name, but nevertheless it still is a product of general maturity, or it should be... I can't imagine that noone thought of the mess this maturity change would cause, so I am thinking...maybe that was intended? Especially after the DMCA filed against Phat Azz?

Dunno LL's rationale, but it's pretty obvious evasion of maturity filtering.

Can't really police language and still let this one pass. Language is the only thing being filtered by a keyword filter - purpose, legal status and/or audience would be irrelevant I think. The real word that azz represents is considered Mature by LL, evasion of this by spelling/phonetics doesn't change that.

You're correct that this was a poor choice by the creator, and probably a required course of action by LL considering the increasing use of this particular misspelling.

Azz has triggered both M and A ratings, for some time now. However, like most words on their "no-no" list, it does not always trigger a rating change. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to their list, which I suspect(without proof of course) is why they won't give us the list or even a general idea of what is on it.

Nearly every word that I have had trigger a rating change, has done so very inconsistantly. My name, for instance, has triggered an A rating on three different occasions, yet on numerous others did not. Certain numbers will trigger it, but also, not consistantly.

There seem to be very few words that are actually consistant.

Every merchant is pretty much at the mercy of the "no-no" list, and whether or not it's actually going to work on any given day. Frustrating at times, hilarious other times, and generally just a pain in the butt most of the time.

EonCross wrote:

Ok I know, it was a wrong decision in the first place to include an adult word in a famous product's name, but nevertheless it still is a product of general maturity, or it should be... I can't imagine that noone thought of the mess this maturity change would cause, so I am thinking...maybe that was intended? Especially after the DMCA filed against Phat Azz?

Why would it be a G rated item? From what i understand it is a behind and thighs.. No clothing, or undies, a nude body part. By that logic the ... Butt hole from Xcite should be G rated. Lolas should be G rated. All body parts should be G rated.

Seriously?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

No clothing, or undies, a
nude
body part

Before your head explodes from disbelief you should remember that anatomical nudity != sexual content by most sensible definitions. Your product comparison is disingenuous at best, different markets different functionality.

Discussion on this point is silly, as Tari says logic is not the methodology behind the keyword/description filter. Keyword filter operates on language alone - principle here is illogical and (words + (age * social_conservativism) = perceived_fear). Nothing to do with appearance, functionality, context.

P.S. LL hate nipples. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

No clothing, or undies, a
nude
body part

Before your head explodes from disbelief you should remember that anatomical nudity != sexual content by most sensible definitions.
Your product comparison is disingenuous at best, different markets different functionality.

Discussion on this point is silly, as Tari says logic is not the methodology behind the
keyword/description filter
. Keyword filter operates on language alone - principle here is illogical and (words + (age * social_conservativism) = perceived_fear). Nothing to do with appearance, functionality, context.

P.S. LL hate nipples. :matte-motes-evil-invert:

It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, all that matters is LL definition.

General Content Is For All Residents.

Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual, including:

• Avatars and avatar skins as long as they do not show anatomical nudity. They must not depict genitals or female nipples in either the listing image or the inworld item.

Looks like they think nudity isn't G rated.

EonCross wrote:

Considering "azz" is a mask for the other word I am surprised that it isn't considered Adult and not just Mature.  Since profanity should be adult under the guidelines.

If you got away with it this long you should be feeling lucky instead of upset. After all you were participating in trying to beat the system and avoid the adult rating by masking profanity in the first place.

Personally, I think you should consider yourself lucky that the only thing that happened was a ratings change and that your item wasnt outrigth removed for the violation.

Next time dont try to beat the system by playing with wording to try to get around the rules. Follow the rules like everyone else and you wont have these issues.

I have zero sympathy for you.  You got less than you deserved for packing your listing with adult words. If your item really is G rated, then you are a bonehead for sticking stuff in the listing that doesn't belong.

Jacob Cagney wrote:

EonCross wrote:

Considering "azz" is a mask for the other word I am surprised that it isn't considered Adult and not just Mature.  Since profanity should be adult under the guidelines.

If you got away with it this long you should be feeling lucky instead of upset. After all you were participating in trying to beat the system and avoid the adult rating by masking profanity in the first place.

Personally, I think you should consider yourself lucky that the only thing that happened was a ratings change and that your item wasnt outrigth removed for the violation.

Next time dont try to beat the system by playing with wording to try to get around the rules. Follow the rules like everyone else and you wont have these issues.

I have zero sympathy for you.  You got less than you deserved for packing your listing with adult words. If your item really is G rated, then you are a bonehead for sticking stuff in the listing that doesn't belong.

From your reply, I understand that I may not have been clear enough in my first post. I am not trying to sell any azzes, or use that word to describe an actual booty...

My post has the intention to warn anyone in the clothing business that even if their listing is a kid item, if they include the "phat azz" word anywhere from title to description or keywords it is immediately rated as M.

I have no problem at all that the Azz word is considered Moderate. It would never be a choice of  mine to use that word and tbh I found it distasteful when I first saw the naming of the product in discussion.

Nevertheless, flagging a word like that, causes a huge mess in the clothing business and I don't think LL was not aware of that. I would just appreciate a notice on their behalf since it affects way more products than the actual "azzes" market.

It is a very unpleasant surprise to come back from vacation only to find my whole store in Moderate rating, pointed out by a customer that was searching for a certain product that she couldn't find.

Already contacted many of my fellow merchants to inform them, and they had no idea that their perfectly "legal" G rated items were rated as Moderate, because (like myself) are usually using the Marketplace or viewing their stores in G/M/A mode...

EonCross wrote:

Nevertheless, flagging a word like that, causes a huge mess in the clothing business and I don't think LL was not aware of that. I would just appreciate a notice on their behalf since it affects way more products than the actual "azzes" market.

It is a very unpleasant surprise to come back from vacation only to find my whole store in Moderate rating, pointed out by a customer that was searching for a certain product that she couldn't find.

Already contacted many of my fellow merchants to inform them, and they had no idea that their perfectly "legal" G rated items were rated as Moderate, because (like myself) are usually using the Marketplace or viewing their stores in G/M/A mode...

LL will not release their list of words that trigger higher maturity ratings or announce new ones.  If they did, too many would game the system with alternate spellings such as the product under discussion.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

you may not be aware of this little rule as well..

"
Adult Content Is Only For 18+ Year-Old Residents.

Strong sexual content
, including:
  • Depictions of anatomical nudity, including exposed genitals and/or female nipples."

Any nudity on the MP is supposed to be flagged as Adult.

Do you even know the product we are talking about? Have you ever seen it? From your answer I understand that you have no idea.

The Phat Azz comes with panties when you buy it, and of course you have the option to remove them if you want, replace the skin on it etc, AS WITH THE DEFAULT AVATAR. The Cute Azz gone one step further: came with no default skin, just a blank texture. There is no way that you can rate it as an Adult or Moderate product. If you do so, then this whole game, with their default avatars should be a game for Adults only.

And let's not talk about the prude laws that include the female nipples in the sexual content and force a 15+ to every game out there that shows some. For the love of god...female nipples is the first thing you see when you come in the world...it's your first source of food. The next step is to forbid breastfeeding in public places... It should always be about the way nudity is used, not the nudity itself...

But anyway it doesn't matter what I think, it matters only what LL thinks. So with their rules, the Phat Azz product is not a Moderate product, but its name IS and I am cool with that. Just a little heads up would be fine, because even denim pants including an optional phat azz applier, gets a Moderate rating.

EonCross wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

you may not be aware of this little rule as well..

"

Strong sexual content
, including:
  • Depictions of anatomical nudity, including exposed genitals and/or female nipples."

Any nudity on the MP is supposed to be flagged as Adult.

Do you even know the product we are talking about? Have you ever seen it? From your answer I understand that you have no idea.

Actually, i was referring to your products.

The Phat Azz comes with panties when you buy it, and of course you have the option to remove them if you want, replace the skin on it etc, AS WITH THE DEFAULT AVATAR. The Cute Azz gone one step further: came with no default skin, just a blank texture. There is no way that you can rate it as an Adult or Moderate product. If you do so, then this whole game, with their default avatars should be a game for Adults only.

Phat azz doesn't come with anything now.

And let's not talk about the prude laws that include the female nipples in the sexual content and force a 15+ to every game out there that shows some. For the love of god...female nipples is the first thing you see when you come in the world...it's your first source of food. The next step is to forbid breastfeeding in public places... It should always be about the way nudity is used, not the nudity itself...

Prude laws they may be, actually, they aren't. A woman can breastfeed her child ANYWHERE she wants in the US. Which is what they were meant for. Walking around topless is only allowed at certain places. Not every woman can breastfeed. Very presumptuous of you to say they can.

But anyway it doesn't matter what I think, it matters only what LL thinks. So with their rules, the Phat Azz product is not a Moderate product, but its name IS and I am cool with that. Just a little heads up would be fine, because even denim pants including an optional phat azz applier, gets a Moderate rating.

Gee, you could have read the listing guidelines.
Be glad they don't pop as adult as they should.

"

Profanity
in the listing or item content."

Drake I don't really know why you are personally attacking me.

I carefuly read listing guidelines and choose my maturity rating accordingly:

General Content is For All Residents.

Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual, including:
Avatars and avatar skins as long as they do not show anatomical nudity. They must not depict genitals or female nipples in either the listing image or the inworld item.

As I already mentioned, I am not trying to sell any genitals or sexual content to minors disguised in General rating and I am not annoyed by the "azz" being a moderate or even an adult word.
I am not trying to use the word azz instead of the real word. I don't want to!
I am just offering phat azz appliers which now make every item a Moderate listing and this is what this whole thing is about.

If you are not in the clothing business, please ignore this post and continue with your day.
LL and Putin has already taken care of topless girls running around with no reason at all, so you are safe now. 
(beware that males also have nipples and they do not breastfeed at all, ever...)

EonCross wrote:

Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual
, including:

Avatars and avatar skins as long as they do not show anatomical nudity. They must not depict genitals or female nipples in either the listing image or the inworld item.

As I already mentioned, I am not trying to sell any genitals or sexual content to minors disguised in General rating and I am not annoyed by the "azz" being a moderate or even an adult word.

I am just offering phat azz appliers which now make every item a Moderate listing and this is what this whole thing is about.

If you are not in the clothing business, please ignore this post and continue with your day.

LL and Putin has already taken care of topless girls running around with no reason at all, so you are safe now. 

(beware that males also have nipples and they do not breastfeed at all, ever...)

You have items that show both nipples and **bleep**.. neither of which would get a General rating..  I am not attacking you. I am trying to educate you. Apparently you didn't read the whole listing guidelines.

The question is, why are you offering appliers to something that has been removed from the MP and possibly inworld as well. I can't seem to find a store or group for them.

ETA.. apparently proper terminology is now bleeped for genitals.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

EonCross wrote:

, including:

You have items that show both nipples and **bleep**.. neither of which would get a General rating..  I am not attacking you. I am trying to educate you. Apparently you didn't read the whole listing guidelines.

The question is, why are you offering appliers to something that has been removed from the MP and possibly inworld as well. I can't seem to find a store or group for them.

The "p" word has always been **bleep** here.

Which is why I use the the etymologically incorrect term "penii."

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

EonCross wrote:

, including:

That wasn't the proper term i was using.. Mine started with a V. Apparently we can't say Virginia.

;)

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

EonCross wrote:

, including:

That wasn't the proper term i was using.. Mine started with a V. Apparently we can't say Virginia.

;)

The vaveejay has been banned here for a long time also.

While we may self identify here as male or female or one of the six thousand two hundred and fourty two other gender variations, as far as LL and this forum goes, we have all pretty well been neutered here.

Jacob Cagney wrote:

I find this Linden Lab's blind robotic word filtering, without any consideration for the context how the word is used, very poorly implemented matter. It just does not work; as has been noticed over and over again in the Marketplace.

For example this ass word.

Ass may refer to:

•Ass people (Jasses, Ossetians and Burtasses), selfname of Alans (Scytho-Sarmatian tribes)  No profanity here

•Asinus, a subgenus of Equus that includes the donkey and other asses  No profanity here

•Donkey, Equus africanus asinus  No profanity here

•By extension, an insult meaning idiot  Insulting, no profanity

•North American English informal term for buttocks  No profanity here

•áss, one of the Æsir in Norse mythology  No profanity here

•Ass (album), by Badfinger  No profanity here

•In abstract algebra, Ass(M) denotes the collection of all associated primes of a module M  No profanity here

•AsS, the basic chemical formula for arsenic sulfide  No profanity here

ASS may stand for:

•ASS (car), a French car made from 1919 to 1920  No profanity here

•ASS (gene), a human gene that encodes for the enzyme argininosuccinate synthetase  No profanity here

Lots of words have many meanings, therefore blind word filtering will fail.

[Edit]

This needs a nice ass picture too... :matte-motes-smile:

rare-somali-asses.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.