i need help with making friends

lord4571

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

in world i try to talk to people and go to chat hot spots but in the end no one ever carrys on a convertion i dont know if its becase im not asking the right questions or if im doing something wrong.

i always start of with hi and how r u then wait fr a response

then i ask so what do u like to do in sl then rl till i find a topic to talk about but most of the time when i get to the this point the converstion dies off and nothing else is said so ive been questioning my self what else to ask to keep the converstion going and try to be friend s with others but it seems that most just talk to the friend s they already have and dont talk to many other people. idk what to do or what to change if there is anything to change.

Hi :)

I used to have a similar problem initially-- I would always land up in chat hotspots and most people there were already in groups and in the middle of a conversation topic, and I could never get beyond "Hi".

Try the Sweethearts Jazz club, it's a great place to meet very friendly people. It's ok if you don't have a ready topic to talk about. Just ask someone to dance with you-- while dancing you can carry on a light one-on-one conversation at your own pace. And the hosts are very polite and welcoming as well. :)

lord4571 wrote: 
What if their profile don't give you a common ground?

They may still have them, just didn't bother writing so; God knows few people keep an eminently up-to-date profile; and with those you'd have no other recourse than pushing for conversation, with either success or failure.

My suggestion was just to focus on (or begin with, if you will) those who already seem promising in that sense; despite what may sometimes seem, there's more than enough people in SL that you can afford being selective.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.