Where are all the people at???

Fruttipebbles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I just joined Second Life 4 days ago and I haven't seen many people around. Am I missing something? I thought this game would be stacked with people on all hours but I don't see more than 5 people in a place at once usually.

I've gone to a lot of the Destination Guide's suggestions but when I go there's usually no one (or less than 3 people there). Is there a way to see where people are congregating in game? Or does anyone know any places that usually have a lot people.

I feel like I'm not using the map correctly or something. I mainly got in this game to dress up my avatar and make virtual friends to chat with.

Hope this question isn't too annoying :)

Destination guide is just "Cool" destinations the lindens pick out. If you go to websearch and then select land, you can organize it by traffic. So search something you're into..."Adventure" and the organize by traffic and there should be loads of people there. Albeit some places fake a lot of their traffic with bots, which I don't understand.. Why not just close your place if you aren't getting traffic and need it so bad ;P

• 9 months later...

Open the viewer. Once in world open the in-viewer Destination Guide. The selection at the left end of that panel is titled 'What's Hot Now'. This morning it lists 32 regions. This feature used to list how many people were in each region. Now it it seems every other category lists a count of people present, but not the What's Hot category.

Once a region has more than 25 people in it, it used to drop out of the What's Hot list. I can't tell if that is still true.

You can use this in-viewer version of the guide to find places with lots of people. 

The web based Destination Guide does not have 'What's Hot' listing. Popular Places is close, but provides no real-time information on where people are.

You can also use the World Map (Ctrl-M) to find regions with people present. Hover your cursor over a region and it will give you a count of the people currently present. Or zoom out and look for lots of regions with green dots.

Regions max out at about 40 people. If a region is limited to 40, you may not be able to enter it. But, try as some regions are designed to handle more people and the Lindens are working to up that number.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.