Torley Linden
Blog Posts: 8

What are your favorite things to do in Second Life?

[ Edited ]

What are your favorite things to do in Second Life?

It's a simple, fun question, right?

Let's share so we can get to know each other and discover new activities... and for bonus points :smileywink:, give details! For example, if you enjoy roleplaying, where? And a lot of us like shopping, but there are different ways: I'm big on scrolling through the Marketplace's Featured Items carousel to see what random awesome comes up.

Here's my list of favorite things of what I do when I "play" SL, although it overlaps with work! Sometimes they gel, sometimes they clash! ("Grrr not another meeting, I'm not done dressing!") :smileysurprised:

I've compiled various Residents' posts of "favorite things" here, too.

Who is a Torley and what does it do? I'm ultra-friendly so CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!
George Orellana

Re: What are your favorite things to do in Second Life?

Reply to Torley Linden - view message

Great question Torley. It depends what alt I'm on, mostly though regardless of what alt, it involves building. I have very little patience and get frustrated easily but I find that when I start to build I will not stop until I have finished and the item looks exactly how I envisioned it.

Recently not on SL much because of RL but my most recent stint in SL was with one of my alts role playing a farmer :smileytongue: I got addicted to the SL breedable animals and did that for half a year. I had every breedable available from turtles, horses, pigs, cats, fairies, dragons, snails, snakes, spiders, bunnies and most recently dogs. They were fun for a while.

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse (Mats Geier)
Irene Muni

[ Edited ]

My favorite thing to do? Travel & Explore, Travel & Explore, and Travel & Explore. Over 4 years enjoying the creativity of others (and sharing all that in a forum in Spanish) :smileyhappy:

Advisor
Wildcat Furse

Hiya Torley, I am most busy with decorating my a(rt)vatar and photography, including shopping and exploring :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

WADE1 Jya

i love best creating lifeforms in SL and scripting their brains until they have personality.

When a creature first stirs to life: takes its first steps, meows its first meow, this is a great feeling for me! :smileyvery-happy:

At what point does a set of algorithms and equations perhaps gain a small conciousness of some sort I wonder?

Also it is very fun helping people get set up with their new animal friends or reuniting someone with a lost pet.

Luc Starsider

There are a few things I would call my favorite.

Building. Both in world and out of world (now that meshes are underway I have a lot to learn regarding 3d modeling and texturing). The in world build system is really a lot more powerful than what one might think at first, and I love trying things out and learning new things.

Exploring. There are so many things to see in SL. My exploring is to a great extent tied in to building. I am amazed by what some people manage to create - buildings, vehicles, whole sims!, and what not. So many things to see. So much creativity on display, it's mindblowing.

Driving a boat around the seas of SL. This is very relaxing, and fun (but lately sim crossings have been... Hmmm.... challenging, shall we say). I get to see parts of SL I would normally not see, and perhaps come across a sailing competition I can stop to watch. Good fun!

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.
Helper
Storm Clarence

[ Edited ]

Explore (I am alone, and it's fun)

Help newer people (I am with another person, and it's fun.)

Bumper Cars (I am with other people, and it's fun.)

Both seek and provide entertainment on this forum (I am with this community of people, and it is fun.)

ETA: like my signature states: stopping along the way to smell the prims

Cali Souther

[ Edited ]

• Exploring
  • Dancing
  • Hangin out with friends
  • Riding horses, boats, airplanes, submarines, bumper cars, motorcycles, hang gliding, hot air baloons,etc etc.
  • Shopping Shopping Shopping
  • Re arranging my furniture
  • Taking pictures
  • Keeping my inventory as organized as possible (yes, I do enjoy this)
  • Live music

~ "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~e.e. cummings
Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

I enjoy exploring interesting, lovely, and fun places.

I enjoy my DJ job.

I enjoy shopping.

I enjoy buying/selling, renting property.

I enjoy helping others.

I enjoy going dancing!

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Jo Yardley
Topics: 147

Reply to Venus Petrov - view message

I enjoy roleplaying at the 1920s Berlin Project (duh :smileywink: ) and I love building stuff.

Watching performances is fun as well, as long as they are historically themed.

Enjoy Time Travel?
Come visit Berlin in the 1920s;
The 1920s Berlin Project sim