What are your favorite things to do in Second Life?

Torley Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

It's a simple, fun question, right?

Let's share so we can get to know each other and discover new activities... and for bonus points ;), give details! For example, if you enjoy roleplaying, where? And a lot of us like shopping, but there are different ways: I'm big on scrolling through the Marketplace's Featured Items carousel to see what random awesome comes up.

Here's my list of favorite things of what I do when I "play" SL, although it overlaps with work! Sometimes they gel, sometimes they clash! ("Grrr not another meeting, I'm not done dressing!") :o

I've compiled various Residents' posts of "favorite things" here, too.

Great question Torley. It depends what alt I'm on, mostly though regardless of what alt, it involves building. I have very little patience and get frustrated easily but I find that when I start to build I will not stop until I have finished and the item looks exactly how I envisioned it.

Recently not on SL much because of RL but my most recent stint in SL was with one of my alts role playing a farmer :P I got addicted to the SL breedable animals and did that for half a year. I had every breedable available from turtles, horses, pigs, cats, fairies, dragons, snails, snakes, spiders, bunnies and most recently dogs. They were fun for a while.

i love best creating lifeforms in SL and scripting their brains until they have personality.

When a creature first stirs to life: takes its first steps, meows its first meow, this is a great feeling for me! :smileyvery-happy:

At what point does a set of algorithms and equations perhaps gain a small conciousness of some sort I wonder?

Also it is very fun helping people get set up with their new animal friends or reuniting someone with a lost pet.

There are a few things I would call my favorite.

Building. Both in world and out of world (now that meshes are underway I have a lot to learn regarding 3d modeling and texturing). The in world build system is really a lot more powerful than what one might think at first, and I love trying things out and learning new things.

Exploring. There are so many things to see in SL. My exploring is to a great extent tied in to building. I am amazed by what some people manage to create - buildings, vehicles, whole sims!, and what not. So many things to see. So much creativity on display, it's mindblowing.

Driving a boat around the seas of SL. This is very relaxing, and fun (but lately sim crossings have been... Hmmm.... challenging, shall we say). I get to see parts of SL I would normally not see, and perhaps come across a sailing competition I can stop to watch. Good fun!

- Luc -

Explore (I am alone, and it's fun)

Help newer people (I am with another person, and it's fun.)

Bumper Cars (I am with other people, and it's fun.)

Both seek and provide entertainment on this forum (I am with this community of people, and it is fun.)

ETA: like my signature states: stopping along the way to smell the prims

• Exploring
  • Dancing
  • Hangin out with friends
  • Riding horses, boats, airplanes, submarines, bumper cars, motorcycles, hang gliding, hot air baloons,etc etc.
  • Shopping Shopping Shopping
  • Re arranging my furniture
  • Taking pictures
  • Keeping my inventory as organized as possible (yes, I do enjoy this)
  • Live music

1. Landscaping, as in creating the external natural and "me-made" surroundings on properties such as tree/plant arrangements, bridges, natural sound acoustics, etc.

2. Shopping for all kinds of stuff. Probably the ingredients for #1 above first, but then of course clothes, hair, jewels, etc.

3. Boating and jetskiing on the large ocean sims

4. Weirding out at all the sights and sounds over at Ethereal Teal

5. (Formerly) dancing the night away with friends at the clubs that used to be huge in SL such as GOL, Festival Island, Carribean Breezes, etc.

6. Exotic dancing for pay in the clubs I used to work at, which also no longer exist. Some of which were friend owned.

7. Orbiting myself, hehe

Ooh,there is so much I enjoy!

* Katanafighting!

* Moving from Linden Home to Linden Home every couple of months, to try out all the themes (and it gives me another excuse to shop for 'stuff'!)

* Exploring places, with or without using the Destination Guide and blog about it!

* Taking pictures

* Chatting with newbies and oldies on Waterhead Welcome Area

* Landscaping and terraforming

* Dancing

Well I build on my land of sun and shadow houses and beach , i am a lot there but in mean time i grow up in secondlife

and now myself better now i want to expand some comunity i not have manny experiance to make one, i have the knoledge to controll something like that as a miss i will do , all will be happy in my group but , i rent my land in first case i spend a lot time to build city,s soon i new better go to a citty thats already there, so the tail hunt is over , Rp was nice and i feel in a wonderfull something , i did not fit in that . banned follows becaurse me to wise or to stupid but we arger about all . the comunitys ccs will not accept open opinions thats a pitty , then from my way of look and believe i try lost angels, well same situation banned becaurse to stupid. or   did i moved some thing ?or were rules moving well treath inworld and violence talking ended my interest. i atmid i was not a **bleep** there but i was to much involded./the world there were butifull. wat will not move .thats my question on that sims i like to be in a comunity i like loyal friends so i will always go places i do a lot with harmonie and love. helping me is helping a good sl me no god but me good architect in mind wat people find about things. so i want give it the a direction that maybe turns some degrees  , i mean ofcaurse not all and all hard working people. i give always my love take a lot time to without asking back. insiders now.

my Project i set up TFC the faith connection will bring comunitys togheter and i try to put it in a verry simple way fore beginners and advance helping program. you and i now we are manny medicall people here me to , i had cancer and i do coma so dont tell me i not no or see others having diffeculties try to stand up. second life is a verry good recover world ,but i miss registration in manny ways so its here and there some jungle, thats a pitty , now i try to make a proposall there a some problems manny have fore linden land you need visa , world wide we now nnot all can.my openion is to make registration is have the right to by linden land  a soliution fore that will be nice , and wat i can not do in my own is making a save sim to help handicapt people to give them the posebilitys of recover in save aria . it will be nice we split the second life in parts thats my idea © mrsFaith TFC so we not forgot who thingking it out , in differnt parts the let say blue zone save and helpers , the green zone enc . but we were talking about wat u do whole day , well i find out a way of get my project of the ground here , i need help i now not all, and me no god .i am a sister of god but i cant changed all i stil learn myself

But i think we see moore and moore new generation comes differnt ways other kind of look about things , we better learn from them then , hold on a opinion thats need maybe some move in other directions get me well i not want to change sl i only talk wat i see and feel , i have hours a day conversations with manny people so based on that i come to the conclusion we are on good way but some direction change and o my god not commer ciall pleasse we hold a fantisic world under or fingers .

So you see me bussy manny thingking love shopping building give lessons to others and help inworld greetings my lovely fabulas idiot like me and imazing  Avatars kiss  and love u all  . mrsFaith. *** not forget be loyall to eithother be in the other mind wat wil you find . ****

My most favorite thing to do in Second Life?  E X P L O R I N G ! !   Exploring new places.  Exploring the creativity of others. Exploring new friendships.

It is fantastic to come into Second Life and just try to think of some place you would like to visit.  Type that into the Search Engine and go!  I have been on the Titanic, the Star Ship Enterprise.  I have been to Pandora and to a Japanesse Tea Party.  Clubs, shops, schools, model homes, and so much more.

And the creativity of people when you remove the barriers of physics!  To see what homes they create, buildings and shops.  It is fantastic!

Friendship?  I was walking down a wonderful, street looking at the well thought out design,  and one hope I passed by had a delightful outfoor garden.  I paused a moment was was surprised to be motioned in by the owner.  We sat in this wonderdul garden and talked for a bit about Second Life.  How neighborly and how much it was evident she enjoyed Second Life.

For me, it is all about exploring.  There is so much more!  I just got back from Mars and an undersea dome.  I can't wait for tomorrow!

Trevor

Torley Linden wrote:

It's a simple, fun question, right?

Let's share so we can get to know each other and discover new activities... and for bonus points
;)
, give details! For example, if you enjoy roleplaying, where? And a lot of us like shopping, but there are different ways: I'm big on scrolling through the
's Featured Items carousel to see what random awesome comes up.

, although it overlaps with work! Sometimes they gel, sometimes they clash! ("Grrr not another meeting, I'm not done dressing!")
:o

I've
, too.

Hi Torley!  I enjoy many things in Second Life, but my favorite things would be building space craft, and teaching basic and intermediate building classes.  Teaching gives me great joy. I love it when a student really "gets it", and they squeal with delight! 

Peace!

• Surfing and laying around at the beach
  • Nude beaches!!!
  • Motorbike riding and spending time at the Hells Angels Aus sim
  • Horse riding
  • Spending time with friends
  • Taking photos
  • Spending time at my home
  • Hunts!
  • Playing board games
  • Sports... Boxing Gulf Bowling
  • Shopping!!!
  • Earning lots of $$$
  • Boot Scooting
  • Clubbing
  • Water parks
  • Exploring beautiful places
  • Meeting new friends
  • Live music

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.