Recognized Resident
Sephirothwolf

Someone is using my E-Mail account and i'm trying to track them down

Someone is using my E-Mail address ( Sephirothwolf@hotmail.com) for second life... i've tried to get Linden to messag ethem to tell them to change it but nothings has happened, can anyone tell me how to ocntact Zoltea or JulieWolfie?

Recognized Resident
Sephirothwolf

Re: Someone is using my E-Mail account and i'm trying to track them down

Reply to Sephirothwolf - view message

They use the screenname VVolfie

WADE1 Jya

Do you still have access to the email account? If so, a simple change of password will block them from continuing use. I may misunderstand your issue here, but hope this helps.

Advisor
Ishtara Rothschild

Reply to WADE1 Jya - view message

WADE1 Jya wrote:

Do you still have access to the email account? If so, a simple change of password will block them from continuing use. I may misunderstand your issue here, but hope this helps.

I suppose the OP is getting SL-related emails, such as offline IMs, from another SL account.

Advisor
Ishtara Rothschild

Have you tried contacting the account owner? It might be that s/he has a very similar email address and accidently misspelled it during account signup.  

Chronometria

There are certainly email spams that pretend to be from other addresses, even your own. It can look like you are spamming yourself, but really they have a feature to randomly take addresses from your list and use them, or something like that.

Nefertiti Nefarious

One common reason for this is that the person forgets that user@hotmail.com and user@hotmail.com.br (or other country) are not the same.

I have a Brazilian slang word for my hotmail address, and get a lot of stuff for the person who is using the same word at hotmail.com.br ... including his or her SL messages. I just sent an IM telling them that theuir mail needed to be fixed.

Buy my stuff! https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/9529
Recognized Resident
Sephirothwolf

Thanks for all the advice but this perosn seems to have accessed my account at somepoint, i've changed my password but I would like to contact them if only to tell them to change the e-mail associated with their account so I don't keep getting their messages... I've had this hotmail account for 6 years and not had problems liek this before...

Ariel Vuissent

My email account that I used to sign up for SL is long dead, and I've been too lazy to try and change it, so I don't get my SL messages anymore through email, BUT - is the person's SL name VVolfie? Or do the messages say the name of the avatar they're intended for? If either of these is the case, you can message that person inworld and tell them that you're recieving their messages. They may find this quite disconcerting as well; perhaps they don't want you recieving their private messages.

Why do you believe this person has accessed your account, rather than having mistakenly typed an address on signup or at some other point?

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland"