Meeting New Friends

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Make a robotic pet that goes mad and attacks a crowd at a dance.  You will get to meet lots of new and interesting people with interesting weapons and interesting ideas on how to sell your avatar's parts when they are done with you.  :)

More seriously, dances are one way.  For builders, do a search for the Show and Tell held every Sunday.  Find a group that's into the same things you are and start from there.  Then you'll have a common interest to begin from.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Yeah, but the topic was meeting new friends, not making new enemies and getting into endless AR vendettas.

Are you saying that is what you would like to do?  I am confused.

I was responding to Storm's observation that "I found the GD forum an excellent way to meet new people."

Sorry; I should have quoted it to avoid confusion.

I think going on a round robin of all the welcome areas, infohubs and other Linden sites like the boating in Nautilus or the carnival game in Pyri are all good ways to start. It's good to get out beyond the original welcome area where you might have been set down on the first day.  If you type "welcome" or "infohub" or "Linden" into the search, you get a list of these places. From there you can branch out, as each of them has suggested locations, etc. There's also the Destination, but now the Destination list is getting so gigantic that it almost now needs to be curated into smaller chunks, i.e. maybe there needs to be categories or interests put into posters or something.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Yeah, but the topic was meeting new friends, not making new enemies and getting into endless AR vendettas.

They say that the enemies of my enemies are my friends!

Tonight I had the chicken korma that has been in the slow cooker since this morning since I didn;t want to waste any time cooking when Villa are on the tele. I;ll put a couple of keema nans in the toaster to have with it.

Sending random people an uninvited blue box with something like "quieres ser mi amigo" is not the way to do it, despite the apparent popularity of this method.

PS: What Storm said. I also think that the old General Discussion forum was one of the best places to meet people. What are the chances that we could get it back? Or that this thread will be moderated into oblivion by an over-eager hall monitor named Glenn within the next five minutes?

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.