MATURE FRIENDS Group

Tammi Bergan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

Ive bin in SL a few months now, and love the whole concept. I have met a fair number of people on my travels but notice that I don't seem to meet many mature avi's like myself. And I'm thinking maybe,  if there were some other mature avis out there looking at this forum, they might like to form some kind of friendship group and meet up on a regular basis.

:)

Tammia

What do you mean with "mature avi"?

Only adult looking avatars? (there are quite a lot!) Or some who look like grandparents?

Only people over 18 years? (we are not your avatars :P)

Only people interested in adult topics?

Only people of a certain age?

If you could clear up what you mean with that, we could probably help you better and maybe it would be better if you focus your search on things that you are interested in, cause you interact with the person behind an avatar.

Have you done an inworld "Group" search?  There are a number of groups for mature operators and even mature avatars in Second Life.

For example, do an "over 50" search in the "Group" tab inworld and you find this group:  "Over 50."

View Full Profile

Over 50

Members: 115
Open Enrollment

Some of us in SL are over 50 and contented and proud of that fact. We have a maturity and experience, a contentedness about our lives, and a wide and deep range of interests that leads to great conversation with people of a similar age. We encourage SL's Over 50s to utilise avatars that reflect their real age, although we are not insistent on it, and exist as a meeting place for those at the crossroads between hip-hop and hip replacement. :)

Link to this page: http://world.secondlife.com/group/42d420fc-ee4c-ea56-64de-d02fa2ce2985

Here's another one:

Questions? please IM Dzah Zabelin

Hey Jude Over 50s

Members: 22
Founder: Elspeth Guyot
Open Enrollment

St Jude is the patron saint of desperate cases. This might be you! It's meant to be a club for people over 50. But if you are old enough to recognise the Yellow Submarine you are welcome. 
One rule only: The bartender is always right!
We aim to be a group for regular discussion, and to use the group as a base for exploration of the wonders of SL. 
Please watch notices for discussions and events.

Link to this page: http://world.secondlife.com/group/489f8444-acc2-e770-2752-30d576d17c27

One more example just to show a result from a different keyword search:

Older and Wiser

Members: 80
Founder: Al Brenham
Open Enrollment

To be older and wiser
Easy Really
In the words of one of this group
"Well lets put it this way:

I'm old enough to be experienced and young enough to have the stamina."

Link to this page: http://world.secondlife.com/group/22d2ae19-b440-9688-7878-4db4d2e0075a

I know myself someone who is over 50 but has an avatar that looks totaly different compared to his look in rl. A tall young man with brown hair and suntouched skin....he says thats how he feels and how he wants to be in sl :)

I think many older people using sl are still feeling younger than they may look in rl and want to express it with their avatar. Not to forget about the furrys, who mostly look a little ageless!

I noticed that when places like Lars and Hunters got popular and people noticed the large niche of women looking for older men, that some young men (operators) started using older male avatars to get lucky with the women seeking older men and some of the older men (operators) realized their cachet and started using older male avatars too.  I love a nice older male (operator and avatar), so I actually went shopping to find places where men could get older skins, shapes and hair.  I made a thread (in RLetc.com) and a notecard (on the wall at the landing spot at Lars' Place) to try and help out...somewhat selfishly motivated, of course.  ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.