Looking for Furry teacher and gateway into the culture.

Shroom Rich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title stays, im looking for some help. I'm very interested in the Furry culture. I want someone to guide me into the culture. Help me find my Fursona, show me the Furry part of SL. Most of all, I want to make friends.

Been on SL since 2005

Polite, selfless, and slightly eccentric. 

There really isn't a furry 'culture'. There's a bunch of people who happen to linke anthro animals and bam. There you go. 

Honestly, all you need to do is just find some furry themed clubs and hang out. IYC and Yiff are very popular (but also adult) so you'll have no problem finding people there. 

As for fursonas? Most people pick an animal that reminds them of theirselves or a creature they like. In SL, you have a wide variety of species and makers. It all matters if you want a certain style or species. Heck, you can even peice together one from different things like I did.

I would be happy to hang out sometime and help you find an avatar you like if you want. I'm always wanting to meet new folks.

Stop spamming your unrelated garbage, TigerJohnson.

Shroom, there isn't a culture. The furry community is a varied and wide group of people who share an interest in anthromorpic animals. A fursona (nobody I have ever met in SL calls their avatar that way) is basically your personal anthro character you like or like to be identified by in the community.  Most furries outside of SL design their own from scratch.

In Second Life you will find many different shops that offer avatars or parts for furry avatars. Just chose one that you like the most. You can find other furries easily with the search function, as there are many clubs and hangouts which are furry themed. You don't have to be a furry avatar to visit, all furry clubs I know are far more tolerant than a lot "human" hangouts. And don't be afraid because of the adult rating many of those clubs have, its usually a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.