Honored Resident
xcookiemonsterx

How to be a better person, Simple tut.

How to be a better person.........................friends are people who you can rely on in times of need, dispare and, lonliness, and they expect the same from you. Always, be nice to you're friends not just when you need something, because that is what we like to call "Being Used" and nobody likes that way so try to avoid "Users" and don't "Use" people. You, can make friends everywhere in Second Life. My favorite type of friends are the Newer type of residents because they are less mean, and more harmless, and besides you can teach them to be good people in Second Life. Always wear a  :matte-motes-smile: on you're face. Everyone should, Laugh at least once every day because it leads to a better second life. Always appreciate other people differences, because nobody is the same. For example, if you don't like pickles and someone else liked pickles you shouldent go embarrassing them saying Ewww, if it is something unhealthy for example drinking Urine, you should not make fun of them but sudgest them help from a doctor. But the main tip is just be the best person you can possibly be and you will have endless amounts of friends :smileywink:. Me, i'm always looking for people to add so if you would like to add me inworld my username is  xcookiemonsterx resident  :smileyhappy:

Opinions are like noses, Everybody has them.
Helper
Knowl Paine

Re: How to be a better person, Simple tut.

Reply to xcookiemonsterx - view message

Kudos :smileyhappy:

Randall Ahren
Topics: 28
Blog Posts: 0

Maybe the inquiry should be "Why to be a better person". Don't nice guys finish last? The desire to please is a disease.

Hippie Bowman
Topics: 56
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

Very nice thread Cookie!  Thank you for starting it!  May I add!  Everything you do or say effects those around you, and effects the future. 

Peace!

Space Craft Builder, Teacher, and Slum Lord. Owner of Lagrange Space Port. Located at LaGrange Point. "http//slurl.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/150/18" Residential parcels for sale! Check out my Blog =http://hippiebowman.blogspot.com/
iCade

[ Edited ]

I do not like this guide. Why? You are basically saying we are not entitled to voice our opinion. If I don't like pickles and someone is gushing about them in front of me I'll tell them I don't like pickles. What matters in that situation is that you TELL them you don't like them, but you tell them NICELY. That's what matters. I wouldn't want to gush about something in front of someone with them just smiling and nodding yet not giving a single dang about the subject at hand. I'd rather they tell me their honest opinion and discuss, or move on to a subject we both enjoy.

Also, honestly now, if you're going to make claims please make sure they're proven.

Drinking urine is NOT unhealthy. In some religions, and wide parts of india it's seen as a good way to start the day. It might be gross for us, but for them it's normal, even encouraged. Telling them to go to a doctor is really really rude on your part.

* Urine is 95 per cent water, but it also contains small quantities of nutrients including calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium and zinc.

* Self-urine therapy dates back 5,000 years to ancient India, where it was known as "shivambu shastra" and seen as a way of rejuvenating body and soul.

* It is highly sterile. The Aztecs used it to prevent wounds becoming infected.

* The practice is particularly popular in China, where millions of people drink a daily dose of their own urine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/urine-the-bodys-own-health-d...

And that is just one article.

I get you are trying to help, but when you make a guide I expect you to be as curteous as you want others to be. Making these people seem like the need help from a doctor makes me speechless as it's ignorant and narrow minded.

And for the record, I would never drink my own urine unless I am about to die of dehydration.

Reply to iCade - view message

iCade wrote:

I do not like this guide. Why? You are basically saying we are not entitled to voice our opinion. If I don't like pickles and someone is gushing about them in front of me I'll tell them I don't like pickles. What matters in that situation is that you TELL them you don't like them, but you tell them NICELY. That's what matters. I wouldn't want to gush about something in front of someone with them just smiling and nodding yet not giving a single dang about the subject at hand. I'd rather they tell me their honest opinion and discuss, or move on to a subject we both enjoy.

Also, honestly now, if you're going to make claims please make sure they're proven.

Drinking urine is NOT unhealthy. In some religions, and wide parts of india it's seen as a good way to start the day. It might be gross for us, but for them it's normal, even encouraged. Telling them to go to a doctor is really really rude on your part.

* Urine is 95 per cent water, but it also contains small quantities of nutrients including calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium and zinc.

* Self-urine therapy dates back 5,000 years to ancient India, where it was known as "shivambu shastra" and seen as a way of rejuvenating body and soul.

* The practice is particularly popular in China, where millions of people drink a daily dose of their own urine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/urine-the-bodys-own-health-d...

I get you are trying to help, but when you make a guide I expect you to be as curteous as you want others to be. Making these people seem like the need help from a doctor makes me speechless as it's ignorant and narrow minded.

And for the record, I would never drink my own urine unless I am about to die of dehydration.

i honestly couldnt agree more :smileyhappy:

Madelaine McMasters

[ Edited ]

Reply to Randall Ahren - view message

Randall Ahren wrote:

Maybe the inquiry should be "Why to be a better person". Don't nice guys finish last? The desire to please is a disease.

That wikipedia page indicates that nice guys get the long term relationships and bad boys get used for flings. That makes sense to me. If my sole interest was a weekend roll in the hay, I'd want to have it with a fella who wouldn't miss me when I'm gone.

The brief synopsis of the book "The Disease to Please" suggests (to me) that the author has selected that subset of the altruistic who's altruism is ultimately self destructive. It believe it would be a mistake to think altruism is not generally self beneficial.

http://dujs.dartmouth.edu/spring-2009/is-altruism-good-for-the-altruistic-giver

ETA: If, in the aphorisim "Nice guys finish last", you define the thing that's finished as "a life", then indeed it's true. The altruistic, on average, live longer than others.

I enabled anti-aliasing. Why is Snugs still here?
Please give generously to the McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation™.
Madelaine McMasters

Reply to emmettcullen93 - view message

emmettcullen93 wrote:

iCade wrote:

i honestly couldnt agree more :smileyhappy:

I'll add my agreement as well.

Please give generously to the McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation™.
Luc Starsider

Reply to Madelaine McMasters - view message

+1

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.
Madelaine McMasters

xcookiemonsterx wrote:

How to be a better person.........................friends are people who you can rely on in times of need, dispare and, lonliness, and they expect the same from you. Always, be nice to you're friends not just when you need something, because that is what we like to call "Being Used" and nobody likes that way so try to avoid "Users" and don't "Use" people. You, can make friends everywhere in Second Life. My favorite type of friends are the Newer type of residents because they are less mean, and more harmless, and besides you can teach them to be good people in Second Life. Always wear a  :matte-motes-smile: on you're face. Everyone should, Laugh at least once every day because it leads to a better second life. Always appreciate other people differences, because nobody is the same. For example, if you don't like pickles and someone else liked pickles you shouldent go embarrassing them saying Ewww, if it is something unhealthy for example drinking Urine, you should not make fun of them but sudgest them help from a doctor. But the main tip is just be the best person you can possibly be and you will have endless amounts of friends :smileywink:. Me, i'm always looking for people to add so if you would like to add me inworld my username is  xcookiemonsterx resident  :smileyhappy:

Alas, no good deed goes unpunished, CookieMonster ;-)

If there's a flaw in your premise, it's that the tutorial could be simple. Your example of drinking urine, as iCade points out, is an unfortunate one. SL attracts people from all over the world, with vastly differing cultures. It also attracts people with atypical beliefs and interests, who seek acceptance and perhaps like minded companionship here.

The complexities of life make even The Golden Rule a minefield. Fortunately, unlike real minefields, you can and will survive your missteps here. The trick is to learn as you go.

I hope you're able to get in a least one laugh today, it is good medicine.

Care for a pickle?

;-)