Contest Buddy Needed

msbluerasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My girlfriend and I used to go to dance contests all day and the money added up.  She hasn't been online for a while, and I'm starting to get low on funds.  If you'd like to go to contests and we can vote for each other, make a little cash, IM me in world.  :)  Ideal person would stay for the whole contest, not just teleport in to vote.  

:) Oona

1.  Working in SL can be just as fulfiliing as contest hopping. Personally I love club hosting/dancing because i am a people person, my tips far exceed the earned lindens andf effort of contest hopping.

2.  Many places have games like trivia balls, sploder balls and devices which pay you for just chatting and hanging out at one club.

msbluerasp wrote:

My girlfriend and I used to go to dance contests all day and the money added up.  She hasn't been online for a while, and I'm starting to get low on funds.  If you'd like to go to contests and we can vote for each other, make a little cash, IM me in world.  
:)
 Ideal person would stay for the whole contest, not just teleport in to vote.  

:)

Oona

You can't possibly be making all that much money by doing this.  Personally, after tipping the DJ and the host and the venue, I'm usually in the black, even if I'm lucky enough to win something.  And that's not counting the money it usually takes me to dress myself in an outfit befitting the given theme of an event.

I mean, it couldn't be that you're one of those stingy, selfish persons who thinks those types of events are thrown for the sole purpose of providing you an income, rather than those who actually work to create an enjoyable experience for their patrons.... correct?  No, I think not... no one could possibly be that self-centered.

...Dres

Dres:

You mean self-centered like how some people make 4-5 alts, have all of them attend and join the contest, vote for each other, go afk until the announcement of the winners, and then disappear after they take home the lindens gained by all the avis they have?

Oh Heavens no...this is SL, it will never happen.

That is exactly the type of selfcenteredness of which I speak, but coupled with either being too lazy to go through the trouble of actually cheating or simply refusing to take that step in order to justify their, otherwise, just as selfish actions, if only to themselves.  I just can't imagine the OP is the type of person who'd really do such a thing.

...Dres

Lixy333 wrote:

this is one of the main reasons my club doesn't do contests

Oh comeon, as if those clubs don't know whats happening. They don't really care who wins, whos the one with the prettiest dress or the fanciest hat. They only want a full house. The more people come, the better.

Money in exchange for more popularity and traffic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.