Anyone have Aspergers?

Morgana Hilra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I do! And, making friends.. not so hard.. KEEPING them... well, yeah.. that is a bit harder for me.

It is very hard to be friends with someone that doesn't understand that my "odd behavior", although strange to THEM.. is actually not so strange for someone with, Asperger's Syndrome..

I think that I am a pretty nice person.. I have a ton of empathy (i know alot of ppl with Apsies.. don't but, that is the one area i do not "fall into").. I love to write, and take photos both in SL & RL..

I have a partner but, I am pretty sure he would not mind me making new friends as I am alone in SL most of the time.

SL has become.. just my blog now.. and I would love to meet knew people.. that either HAVE Asperger's or, at least understands it better then others.

Let me know.. either here, or inworld..

Warning, I can be a wee bit standoffish if someone contacts me inworld without telling me HOW they got my name.. but, I have been here years, and like I said.. there are somethings I do "fall into" for .. characteristics. (i know, i can not spell for the life of me. lol)...

Anyway, if it sounds cool, then just say hi! xx

(morgana hilra)

I really hope you get a lot of replies. My brother has Aspergers and his life is anything but easy, He craves friends and is so lonely because his disease doesnt allow him to keep friends as you say. He is a certified genius but when it comes to  socail skills they are terrible. I love my brother with all my heart and wish you the best of luck making friends!

I do, as well as my younger brother and our father; however, neither of them play Second Life. It is only me.

I have, or had, a similar problem with people not understanding my "eccentric" personality; but I taught myself to be more reserved. Now it is only a few privileged people in SL -- my good friends -- who are allowed to glimpse my quirkiness. :matte-motes-grin:

I have also been playing Second Life for a long while, since 2006 (this is a new account, however). Most of my time, when I am online in it, is spent roleplaying.

It is a pleasure to meet you.

EDIT: Disliked the wording of the next-to-last sentence, so altered it.

I am a flippin nut!

Personally I think I would make a good friend... if for nothing else but to make YOU feel SANE when you feel like your having a rough time of things..

I get this EXTREME nervous energy and it just flows out of me in speeds that would stop a bullet!

I have this thing.. I hate when someone says one thing but, I know they mean another.. and I go crazy in my head til I correct them... like.. role play... lol.. when ppl say they need positiions FILLEd.. i want to strangle them.. i know i would never but, at the same time.. OMG.. anyone with half a BRAIN knows that rp doesnt end, it doesnt "fill".. it goes ona dn on and on... and i don't mean to insult ppl but.. COME ON!!!

anyone that knows what rp (role play) is, knows how to play!

lalala.. i just hyjacked my own post.. i am so cool.

sorry... this is one of my "bad days".. lol

HIIIII....  wanna be friends?

I've had a friend for over a year now in SL who I suspected was an Aspie months before she told me she was.   The way she responded to various social situations kind of lead me to think so, though what is interesting is she is co-owner of a very popular club and has to socially interact kind of a lot.  As we get to know each other better, I'm beginning to be able to tell when things are starting to get to her; and I can alter my own behavior accordingly.  Her super dry sense of humour is amazingly hilarious.

I also have a good friend in RL too who is a full-on genius, but struggles a bit socially.

What I find is that I prefer both of these people to most others.  I'm a no-nonsense kind of girl, and I really appreciate the way my Aspie friends neatly process the world around them, and are able to see things, in my opinion, much more clearly and simply.  It's refreshing.

My 2 cents.  :smileywink:

Forgot to add, I'm an avid RP'er too.  :smileytongue:

My brother says something that he likes to see about me is... school work.. when I was in school, anything on paper was lost to me but, it would bother me sooo much til I figured it out in my head.. like, numbers.. numbers are evil. evil little creatures that invade your subconcious til you understand them... on paper.. i am lost but, hours later, they keep pestering me til I figure it all out.. in my head.. not on paper.. i feel like.. rain man.. or in this care, woman lol.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.