Any Really good hangouts in SL?

Hollow Burner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have been a resident in SL for a good 4 years and I started on the Teen Grid which was a very wonderful experience as we were a very tight knit community. I've been on the main Grid for around a year now and I find that I'm having a very hard time meeting new people and finding a good hangout, most of my old friends no longer log on and most of my old hangouts have long been gone or deserted.

My dilemma is that I'm still pretty young so a lot of the sims are too laid back yet at the same time a lot of the clubs and such have very immature people who just like to talk about "boobies, ass-spanking, [and] sex". I just want to meet fun loving people who have a good sense of humor, I don't mind dirty humor but that's all some people talk about. I'll be honest I like witty humor, I'm a bit of a nerd sometimes and I just like to goof around with people and sometimes have meaningful conversations with them. I want to know of any good hangouts where the residents are pretty cool and friendly as well. And as I've been hearing all around the forums, SL is indeed very empty compared to how it used to be, maybe I'm not the only one having problems socializing these days.

You might like Giggles Beach. It's a hangout mainly for teen and young avatars (bear in mind that many of them have been young for quite a few years in RL). It's just about always busy and people are pretty friendly, and there are parties often. Young girls may get a certain amount of, well, attention but you can avoid it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hollow Burner wrote:

I'm a bit of a nerd sometimes and I just like to goof around with people and sometimes have meaningful conversations with them. I want to know of any good hangouts where the residents are pretty cool and friendly as well. 

Try Bay City, (the sims), it's rated G which is more what you were used to on Teen Grid, and also try to join the Forum Cartel group. It has IM chat, a hangout, and sometimes, parties. It's got a lot of members. It began from the old forums.

Don't know if you can join Bay City groups without owning land there, but you can find out. They tend to have a lot of events localized to that location. Someone else can fill you in more on that, or just go and hang out there and ask around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.