West Atoll ROW (Right of Way) SLRR

Hrdtop75 Deluxe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

During the week I was told about some abandoned land that had been renamed to "Linden Right of Way".     

LindenRightOfWay.png

This land was once part of a privately owned railroad closed in 2013 named WARR (West Atoll Railroad).

I would like to see a railroad built by the LDPWS on the western side of Heterocera Atoll. I would imagine that a railroad would open new opportunities for residents wanting to purchase land near a railroad and I'm sure that the Second Life rail community would love to see a west atoll rail branch again.

So what is your thoughts about a railroad on the ROW?

The Linden ROW corresponding to the old WARR starts around http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burns/164/12/55 and runs generally westward across much of the Atoll.

If it were to become Linden rail, I think it would need to use strictly Linden ROW to connect to the SLRR somewhere; the current connection in Neumoegen is privately held, so that would need to be managed somehow. One option could be to just bypass all that, branching instead onto Robin Loop across from Neumoegen Station, and connect to the WARR ROW through abandoned land somewhere west of the current junction. Another would be to instead approach from Calleta on Route 1 and abandoned land, bypassing Neumoegen and the Oculea SLRR altogether. (Of course, this all may be no issue; it could be that the landowning group would agree to abandon/donate that junction parcel.)

I thought I remembered gaps in the WARR ROW, so I took a quick tour. It seems a little worse now than I remember it, at least in Andraca, and I'm not sure how to route around the problems there. Running on the Linden road, "Park Way", may be some help, but there's still a big problem in that region.

On the plus side, if the Lindens & Moles build a railroad through there, they'll doubtless return some ugly screens and other cruft encroaching on the ROW and adjacent Linden land. They'd also likely notice that in Monema a latter-day adfarmer has a huge sign, violating the Mainland network advertising policy in at least two ways. (That particular ad-scammer has been on other sims lately, too, and is so utterly unsuccessful -- even by the dismally low standards of adfarmers -- that I keep hoping he'll just give up and go away. Maybe time to start ARing, though.)

I guess in Elpenor it could run westward along the Atoll Coast Road until it intersects the Park Way in Sylvina (not quite to the west coast shoreline, privately owned), or maybe just a terminal on the ROW or some adjacent abandoned land.

This is from Hilto Meriodoc profile.......Chiron :: WARR TOO FAR-REACHING 3RD STAGE PLAN    WARR 3rd Stage :: The railroad plan from Elpenor to near Riddings region. It is a plan for connecting SLRR Northern Branch Line with WARR line. However, it is unrealizable only by my efforts and strength.

Hildegard Burnstein , the owner and creator of the WARR has built a new railway at Hildesland .. it is good

The systems is just incomplete without the WARR

I bow to  Qie's expertise ! I have walked the route and it seems to me that there would not be many problems in relaying the track

The WARR is clearly needed .I suppose as a practical matter its needed to have a group of enthusiasts to put the case to the Lindens

It would be very good to have more people on this thread...HRDTOP.. try your link on your group notice... it takes you to nowhere.. could you please send a new group notice with a link that works so people can join this campaign.. please ?

It'sd a win win for the Lindens.. improving the infrastructure and making the West more attractive..easy to relay the track ( negotiating gaps in the ROW may be a lil harder ? )

Can HRDTOP organise an approach to the Lindens when we have gathered enough people.. I guess you have the know how to do this

I actually assumed that the land being "Linden Right of Way" meant they were already planning on doing something with the old line.  Connecting to the old line at Burns wouldn't be too difficult, were they given permission.  The Right of Way runs adjacent to the old station in Burns.  And then the Right of Way proceeds uninterrupted all the way to Loepa.  As Que mentioned, Andraca is a bit of a road block.  The Right of Way doesn't return until the other side of Andraca, in Hantu.  From there, the Right of Way proceeds all the way to Elpenor before coming to an end.  I assume that's where the WARR ended.

There'd be some zigs and zags to get there, and a few new railroad crossings would probably be built (I like those), but if the Lindens could find a way to deal with Andraca, they'd have all the land they need to restore the WARR line.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.