West Atoll ROW (Right of Way) SLRR

Hrdtop75 Deluxe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Susie Adored wrote:

...Which still has the original rails  ! !

Well, what I see looking at that bridge is the standard Eric Linden wooden bridge structure that also appears elsewhere, including the old continent (e.g., http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Orient/225/30/58). I think those "rails" might be tracks for wagon wheels. Or something. Anyway, I can definitely see how the track could run on this "Park Way" road to bypass the gap in ROW-labeled parcels at the west end of Andraca (west from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Andraca/73/14/30 to Hantu), but there's still a problem approaching from the east, entering Andraca from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Loepa/3/10/36 or anywhere near there. So I think some negotiations would be needed, or the rest of the line would need to stay unbuilt or disconnected for a while.

I don't know if Michael has seen this thread or not. I think everybody agrees the Atoll would be improved by this;I'm sure it would be easier if we could make a solid business case here, so Michael could justify keeping all that ROW in Linden ownership, rather than let it get auctioned-off.

My own position is that, whatever happens with The Next Platform, the SL Mainland is likely to be a unique draw for SL "Classic", and may be turning a nice profit for the Lab long after most of the Estates have moved on. Hence, some investment in enhancing its appeal is worthwhile, and this is a unique opportunity where much of the investment is already made, not to be squandered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to run along the WARR all the time.  The line was brilliant. 

The level of detail was terrific.   This includes, the tracks, catenary wires, stations, and signage was top notch.

The entire line had a working multi-sim signaling system.  The blocks actually worked.  You knew when someone else or the automatic tram entered by the block as your signal at the station went red, and you could wait until the opposing train passed to get the green.  The automated tram even followed the signals, waiting for you at a station for however long.  This worked great with the wonderful sidings at the station.  Of course, most users on the rails drive too fast or are afk while running anyway to bother to follow the signals.

I wonder why they didn't save the WARR the way they have the GSLR or others.  Since the WARR ceased, I don't really ride the rails much anymore.  It's just not as fun to run passenger trains on other lines, since the WARR was built for passengers.  Plus, with the mainland issue of all of pervy squatters using the mainland as their "homes" and changing into sleazy outfits by the dozens(or hundreds?) and having sex on the platforms, it's not really fun anymore.  It would be nice for a new line on the other side of the atoll for a change, but it won't be the same.  Just another general line for the legions of freebie hobo trains.

• 3 weeks later...

heres a pic of my idea on how to reroute WARR since part of the line is cut off due to parcel selling.

WARR reroute idea

i know that warr use to be all on bridges but that was years ago, think its time for something different.

also was thinking of continuing warr at Elpenor to yucca as a light rail line, thats tracks in  the road for those who dont know about LRT. Seems like alot of real life cities are getting LRT lines now so why not SL? (sorry to propose more work for the moles, hugs.)

Hello everybody.
I thought that it might not be necessary to go along Andraca region.
Though it becomes the slightly long detour, how is such a plan?

WARR_Route_Rosieri-Hantu.jpg

Of course I think that it is the easiest to let Andraca go through. If somebody can persuade the present landowner, the way may open out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hrdtop75 Deluxe wrote:

SL Railroaders will be jumping out theirs pixels to see this. \0/

Not sure what you mean by that. Line's still broken but there's very little work neeeded to fix it. Should we send LL a reminder or are they planning to finish the work soon?

Has anyone approached Michael Linden ?

Someone needs to ( I don't have the authority )

Rebuilding needs to start soon before anymore of the right of way is lost !

Please ! !  , somebody contact Michael Linden !!!

The case for rebuilding it is is unarguable, benefits Lindens , residents and rail-roaders  !

PetalSilk wrote:

Nothing will be done to rebuild the WARR unless it is put to Michael Linden

If he is asked , maybe he will say " Yes "

No need to shout, Petal Silk ;)

I'm absolutely sure Michael Linden will fix this if we ask him. But I'd rather not bother LL with a support case if this is something they're alredy working on anyway.

But keep in mind that we're only talking a small track across three sims here. Getting the track out of Grote may be tricky.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Umm.

Go to the location Hrdtop indicated.

Click on some of the prims and inspect, looking at creation date.

Had to switch to Firestorm for that!

Wow, I didn't even know Michael Linden had worked at LL for that long!

Anyway, if I know him right, he will connect hte lines if we ask him. It's just a matter of moving two prims and do some simple land editing after all.

But is there any point? There's hardly any chance the line can ever be extended past Grote.

The Linden viewer can inspect object details, too, but a few years ago they hid it under Properties or somewhere like that. Anyway, the particular block I was looking at was created within the past week. The "standard" SLRR prims, though, are surely the ones created by Eric back when Heterocera was new, so I should have been more specific. Sorry 'bout that.

i am witness to that.
there has been 1 warr parcel that was sold in Juanita but there is enough room to the east side of that parcel to run one track through to the road so it be like it is in plusia, track in a road aka light rail, same idea can be used in Andraca as well where some of warr are blocked by resident owned parcels.

other then that i am so excited to see warr being rebuilt :) ty so much micheal linden for rebuilding history

VenumusVortex wrote:

there has been 1 warr parcel that was sold in Juanita but there is enough room to the east side of that parcel to run one track through to the road so it be like it is in plusia, track in a road aka light rail, same idea can be used in Andraca as well where some of warr are blocked by resident owned parcels.

Or why not track above the road - or below. Where there's a will, there's a (Right Of) Way. ^_^

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.