Waterfront prices - Linden waters

Sunna Gears

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why are the land prices at the Linden waters so insane expensive? It's simply impossible to buy a simple parcel without paying 100k or 200k (if not more)! Retorical question of course, because it's because of that there is only a limited amount of waterfront regions in SL that are connected to the Linden waters. 

So That made me think of why Lindenlab does not create a a whole new see area with more land around it? Second life should be about  "your world, your imagination", but those prices and the limited amound of land (and sea/Linden waters) makes that sort of impossible.

I love sailing in SL and love to own a nice waterfront parcel that is connected to for example the Blake Sea, but thats just impossible because it costs hundreds of dollars just to buy like a 4096 parcel.

Dear Lindenlab, add much much more water regions and new land around it for sailors like me to buy!

For my Blake Sea attached parcel - I rent.

It's only a tiny premium on top of what you would pay in teir and I worked out it would take many many years of renting before I have crossed the break-even point. in the meantime I can use those thousands of real life dollars for better things.

You have the choice of renting mainland or renting in a USS estate, possibly more control in the USS estate, but that covenant could be pretty mean.

I agree that land around the Blake Sea is ridiculously priced. You are right that prices are so high due to supply and demand. 

I doubt LL is going to add another sea with lots of waterfront land.  They've done that with the two continents above the Blake Sea.  The problem is that LL has to bear the expense of the water sims if they want to keep the water open to everyone. 

LL probably won't be adding more mainland at least until the tons of empty land all over the mainland is more occupied by paying customers, if ever.  They are investing their money in the new world they are building.  It would also alienate a lot of people who own private regions because they would be competing with their own customers who are responsible for paying most of the income LL receives.

There are private regions where you can get land for a much more reasonable price on the shore of a large sailing area.  One that I have lived in has over 100 sims with sailing water and is one of the best run and stable estates in SL.  You can also rent parcels on the Blake Sea for a reasonable amount if you search hard enough for them and are patient.

I have no idea what it costs for the lindens to keep water regions running, I do have a hunch that the new land around it will be sold quickly as there are much more 'water fans' then that there is land available at the linden waters.

There is indeed a lot of free mainland and thats because of good reasons. Most of the mainland is a big ugly mess of prims where I personally would not buy/rent even if it was the last land available in SL. Those parcels/regions will never be fully sold. All the waterfront regions however are mostly owned by people that respect the coastal theme and buid something nice on their land. So many places I see at the waterfront where I would love to live next to!

I will have a look at the private regions, but nothing beats the linden waters where I can sail for almost an hour without having to go back and forth the same water regions.

Sunna Gears wrote:

Why are the land prices at the Linden waters so insane expensive? It's simply impossible to buy a simple parcel without paying 100k or 200k (if not more)! Retorical question of course, because it's because of that there is only a limited amount of waterfront regions in SL that are connected to the Linden waters. 

So That made me think of why Lindenlab does not create a a whole new see area with more land around it? Second life should be about  "your world, your imagination", but those prices and the limited amound of land (and sea/Linden waters) makes that sort of impossible.

I love sailing in SL and love to own a nice waterfront parcel that is connected to for example the Blake Sea, but thats just impossible because it costs hundreds of dollars just to buy like a 4096 parcel.

Dear Lindenlab, add much much more water regions and new land around it for sailors like me to buy!

Try looking at the seas of Sansara (the oldest continent, separated from the Blake Sea/Nautilus/Satori area you've been looking at. You can get waterfront property for far less than the Blake Sea area but still have fairly large areas to sail in.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching for weeks for a nice beach spot and found one recently at a decent price.

The thing is, there are alot of places setup for sale (yellow on the map) which aren't realy for sale.

They are in use but the owners just put the land up for sale (at ridiculous prices) , thinking that if someone ever buys the place for that ridiculous amount, they can cash out big.

It's a fact that there aren't much beach spots available so the odds to find a spot (like I have) are very slim.

My husband and I are obsessed with the Blake Sea - but you're right! The cost of 'buying' a parcel there is... almost unreasonable and it's no doubt that a lot of those parcels for rent stay for rent, or are generally 'abandoned'

What we have done the first time was take a sail boat, and spend hours just sialing around - you find a lot of people renting out property.   We were lucky enough to find a 1/4 sim parcel with 3750 prim with direct open access to the blake sea, nothing was neater than hopping on a jetski and taking off for a few hours without needing to TP anywhere.

The second time, we did something similar - we started at a friends tropical retreat "Lago De Prata (which also has rentals available if you are interested in rainforest type theme) and eventually found our current home only a couple of sims away, once again directly on the sea.   OUr tier is reasonable, actually it's cheaper than any other parcels NOT on mainland let alone the blake sea, it is an amazing deal 

The deals are out there if you wish to RENT a parcel from a company, you just gotta do the hunting to find em! They aren't always listed on marketplace, so sometimes searching around manually is your best bet, even if you use a helicopter or plane and just keep the map open and check out every single possible yellow spot, some will be available. 

And it is so worth it :3 

Good luck on your land hunt!!!!!!! I hope you find what you're lookin for! ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I bet far more Mainland could be sold to the community if LL could take advantage of another problem. Every time I walk on Mainland (I have a few parcels) I see these rediculous large Bulbs over Skyboxes. at Least 200x200 meters in a height of less then sometimes 150 meters!! That sucks, I have to switch my Draw Distance back to 256 to not see them and then on the other hand if you like flying, you bump into them. So my Suggestions is minimun Height 1000 meter.

Well just my 2 cents, have a nice day.

Chrystian

• 3 months later...

A very late reply , sorry for that.

An advice for the topicstarter. Forget Blake Sea. You will never find a reasonable priced lot there. There are moorings and land to lease for decent prices but buying mainland at Blake is far too expensive.

I live at Corsica and bought a 2048 parcel with direct access to hundreds of sailable sims for 25.000 L$. Not very cheap but you will never find a lot like this at Blake.

Sansara is good too and there are more continents with good and affordable parcels and lots of sailing.
Be patient, and dont focus on Blake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.