Saving Land Credits

Mister Arlington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a parcel of 1000 meters deeed to my Group A. I also have 5000 meters of land credited to my account. What I want to do is deed that 1000 meters to Group B. Is it possible to buy the Land and deed it to Group B without losing any land credits, meaning I would still have 5000 meters credited when finished. If so, how can I do that?

I don't understand "land credited" to your account -- do you mean just individually owned, rather than group deeded?

If so, then to simply transfer land from Group A to Group B with the least fuss and bother:

1. Go into Group A's land contributions and remove the tier you're contributing to cover the land you want to transfer. (It will fuss about needing more land credits, but you can ignore that for a few minutes.)
  2. Add that amount to Group B's land contributions.
  3. Set the land to sale to yourself as an individual.
  4. Set your active group to Group B.
  5. In About Land, choose "Buy Land For Group"

If you moved enough tier in Step 1, Group B should now own the land. If Group A owned any other land, go back and make sure it has all the tier contributed that it needs. (Sometimes there's rounding errors or some other mistake in your calculations back in step 1 (like maybe you forgot the 10% group bonus.)

That checkbox exists in the Linden viewer, too, but I don't think it's actually what you want here, unless you have enough tier to spare that you can pre-load Group B with enough to cover the land transfer, which I think you'd need to do before the "buy for group" transaction will work. Even if it removed the tier from Group A, I don't think it would know that it needed to first add it to Group B before doing anything else. Maybe, but that level of sophistication is not what I'd expect from the group land tools.

I had enough land credits to cover almost any mistakes, almost being the keyword. The transactions went just as I wanted them to. First I sold the parcel back to me, removed the land from Group A, then Deeded the land to Group B. So when I was done and finished I still had my theoretical 5000 meters of land, which is exactly what I wanted. And Group B now has the land. Thanks for responding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.