Request for direct teleport on mainland region

Gayngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Direct teleporting means you are able to tp anywhere on a sim where you have access to the land and not just to a central teleport hub.  If the sim you refer to has a tp hub, and you own all the land in the entire sim, you might be able to have LL remove the hub by filing a support ticket.  Its worth a shot.

Some landowners have the land set to allow TP's only to a specific spot.  If this is the case, it is up to the land owner if they want to change it.  Generally they have a good reason to do that, and so probably will not be open to a change.  A lot of stores do this so that you land in a particular spot.  Its also done for privacy reasons.  For example I set my land this way so any visitors that I don't invite and TP myself land at my front door not in my house.

If you don't own land but rent, you should be able to set your home to your rental.  Talk to the landlord if you can't. You probably need a rental group tag or the owner forgot to give this ability to the role of renter.

The region I manage does not have a telhub but does have a landing point. Some of the merchants on the land have requested direct teleport to thier shops and I have considered setting parcel landings but some of the shops are stacked on top of each other so wouldn't be practical. The owner would like to keep the landing but still allow direct teleporting from an Slurl link to the shops, club, etc. 

Ok, do you own the land yourself (IE, YOU pay tier to LL for the land)?  Or, are you renting in a mall where you pay for your shop to someone else?

If the land is in YOUR name (Or your group) and you pay tier to LL directly, then you can set the TP point anywhere you want. 

ABOUT LAND -> OPTION -> at the bottom of the window is your choices.

If you are paying rent to someone else and they are in charge of about land, then you will need to speak to your landlord.  This is something they have control of.

Gayngel wrote:

The owner would like to keep the landing but still allow direct teleporting from an 
Slurl link to the shops, club, etc. 

That doesn't make any sense. If direct teleports are allowed, nobody is ever going to go to this landing point.

If you're renting out shops -- and those shops have to share parcels because they're stacked up on top of each other, god help you -- then you really, really do not want any parcel landing points.

That said, in the old days, there were in-world "malls" that were single parcel and used a single set arrival point from which people rode scripted teleporters to get to their destinations. This had the virtue of pooling all traffic -- and the fatal disadvantage of forcing all shops to share one parcel title and description in one big search listing. That's why stacking shops on a shared parcel is such a very bad idea. (Tenants sharing parcels has other problems, too, but for shops in particular it's disastrous.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.