Protected Land Encroachement.

GingerHenderson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to know if Linden Lab is aware that Parcel encroachement feature that was created in 2012 does not seem to be effective or work properly.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Parcel_encroachment

I have been busy in the sailing community for the past 4 months going on Protected Land and seing alot of abuse of neighbors that have items either with Physics or not that are inside Protected land areas.
Many are brought to my attention and added to the list regularly.

For example see the latest links on these sailing forums...
http://forum.slsailing.co/index.php/topic,3706.0.html
http://www.virtualworldsailing.com/index.php?/topic/375-protected-land-encroachment-december-21st-2014/

As well to the major sailing groups in world this is also posted.

Several hundreds of AR are beign filed on this and would like to know if Linden Lab as any solutions to this issue.

GingerHenderson wrote:

I would like to know if Linden Lab is aware that Parcel encroachement feature that was created in 2012 does not seem to be effective or work properly.

I have been busy in the sailing community for the past 4 months going on Protected Land and seing alot of abuse of neighbors that have items either with Physics or not that are inside Protected land areas.

Many are brought to my attention and added to the list regularly.

For example see the latest links on these sailing forums...

As well to the major sailing groups in world this is also posted.

Several hundreds of AR are beign filed on this
and would like to know if Linden Lab as any solutions to this issue.

Are you hoping a Linden will answer you here?  It is an extremely rare thing for a Linden to answer questions here.

We do know Lindens log in to the Forum but as said, never answer.

Our guess is that the Governance team is shorthanded unless they are just being slack on the job.  Also they probably triage reports.  It can be frustrating for us but some issues really are more important than others.

Oh, and my name is Perrie, not Pierre.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Our guess is that the Governance team is shorthanded unless they are just being slack on the job.  Also they probably triage reports.  It can be frustrating for us but some issues really are more important than others.

Oh, and my name is Perrie, not Pierre. 
;)

far more likely they, like many companies, have a policy to not comment publicly on their forums.

Any Linden who showed his face here unless incognito would be bombarded with PMs demanding this, requesting that, and complaining about whatever.

If he took the time to answer all of them he's have no time to do his real job, and even if he did people'd complain about it anyway.

My guess is they read the forums, at least those things brought to their attention by moderators and maybe other trusted sources. And they may well respond, but on a personal basis, incognito.

jwenting wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Oh, and my name is Perrie, not Pierre. 
;)

far more likely they, like many companies, have a policy to not comment publicly on their forums.

Any Linden who showed his face here unless incognito would be bombarded with PMs demanding this, requesting that, and complaining about whatever.

If he took the time to answer all of them he's have no time to do his real job, and even if he did people'd complain about it anyway.

My guess is they read the forums, at least those things brought to their attention by moderators and maybe other trusted sources. And they may well respond, but on a personal basis, incognito.

For many years Omertà was the official policy for Linden's.

They were forbidden to interact with us.

Ebbe lifted this policy.  In fact he stated he has encouraged them to interact with us but in fact that is still very rare.

We do see a few of them answering more questions.  Usually those are technical questions.  But policy related questions they don't answer and probably rightfully so because there are usually two sides (or more) to every story.

There have been a few accounts that I suspected were Linden Alts but over time they made enough mistakes that I came to doubt it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.