On a search for land

EnaudRecneps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I was surprised last year when a bid I put on a piece of auction land won....so I have a parcel on Boreal that is about 1100 sq mtrs.. very nice but it's covered by snow LOL....that will teach me not to experiment with auctions when I'm the only bidder..

But it has led me to define what I am looking for in property...the list is as follows..

2048 sq mtr (or close anyway)   I would like more but am on an income that prohibits that.

I want to BUY only....not rent

I want the use of all the prim space on the parcel and to have full mod use so I can alter the terrain to suit me.  A side not to that is that I want to make the parcel blend in with the surroundings....

As to surroundings, I love rustic...mountains are great, rivers fine ocean okay..... roads are cool because I like to explore on foot and in cars/motorcycles....

don't care what the level is G M or A.....

I am adding this part.....I like the mainland...but am not tied to it....am a premium member ..... 

I don't know if I should put this part on this.....but cross my fingers it's okay...if anyone would like to buy a approx 1100 sq meter snow covered parcel let me know make me an offer I can't refuse...

Anyhow I hope this all made sense...If not that is kind of normal for me....

thanks in advance

Duane

2048 sq mtr (or close anyway)

As I recently mentioned elsewhere, 2048 is a really bad parcel size to purchase. It's okay to rent, as long as somebody else is paying the tier.  Here's why:

Ignoring group bonus for the nonce, let's look at the effect of the 512 sq.m. premium bonus, combined with various tier levels, on per-square-meter costs. (In all cases, the owner is paying the premium membership fee, so we don't need to calculate the cost of that 512 bonus -- which is handy because there are different premium plans, although anyone with the hint of a clue chooses the annual plan.)

• A 1536 sq.m. parcel uses that 512 bonus plus the 1024 tier level for US$8 per month. That's $2.67 per 512 per month.
  • A 2048 sq.m. parcel requires the full 2048 tier level, but leaves 512 unused. This costs US$15 per month, so that's a whopping $7.00 per month for that extra 512 above the 1536, and even overall it costs $3.75 per 512 per month.
  • A 2560 sq.m. parcel fully uses both the bonus 512 and the 2048 for that US$15 per month. That's $3.00 per 512 per month.

(To squeeze the absolute most land out of a tier level, the group bonus adds about 10%, rounded down to multiples of 16 sq.m., the smallest possible unit of land ownership. So that 1536 can actually be 1680, and the 2560 can be 2816.)

Fantastic and thank you.............That is the best explanation I've had on this....

my thinking and the reasoning behind it is this.

1st the reasoning.... I'm disabled and in a condition that I am no longer able to work (took me over a minute to type that sentence) ... my social security / disability is, to put it nicely, inadequate to be able to do what I would like to do all the time here in 2L...actually 2L is a guilty pleasure for me as something I probably shouldn't be doing financially......but hey, it lets me run and fly...so good trade off.....

Like I said, I am a premium member but my finances say that at least this year I will only be able to pay quarterly... the parcel I have is that  $8 per month which is affordable...my thinking has been to get something that would keep that monthly payment at $15 which I can afford ... in another 18 months when my real world house is paid off....then I should be able to have some lee way in the whole process....

One of the things I'm running into here is "real estate" agents only want to rent....and most of the places of the size I would be happy with are priced a tad high...for which I don't blame them. but does tend to be inconvenient for me... also want to be able to make the parcel I buy into something that  I am comfortable with..

so basically I guess I want everything for nothing......sigh.... here again, by the time I'm finished with writing something I don't know if it made sense......I sure hope so...

thanks again for listening... 

Hi Duane :)

What can you afford to pay for a new land purchase?

I am not a real estate agent, but I have rented and owned land myself.

And you can abandon your land you currently own, but at a loss to what you paid.

You can also put a classified ad IW for your land for sale.

I own a 512 sm land right now and find it a fun challenge to furnish it with amazing low prim goodies.

I found the Heterocera Atoll and will never leave :)  I have sea and roads and railroads to play on.

I pay no monthly tier fees now.

I rented land that was 8192 sm last year.

So for me I searched for the perfect small size land and abandoned about 5 lands that I had purchased.

So my point is...  are you ready to move if you find the perfect land.. you may have to abandon your current snow spot?

GL and I will look for you on my travels..

Smiles..

WickedFun

And you can abandon your land you currently own, but at a loss to what you paid.

You can also put a classified ad IW for your land for sale.

Just a tiny clarification: although one could use an actual classified ad, that's very rarely done except by large land agents trying to sell many different parcels. Instead, just setting the land for sale automatically puts it in Search -- so give it a good name and description when you set it for sale! Everybody who's serious about buying Mainland either uses Search or looks for yellow plots on the Map, hence real classified ads aren't worth the cost and effort.

I don't know the Boreal region and haven't had a chance to get in-world to visit. Generally snow regions fetch slightly lower prices than other land types, except early in the Northern Hemisphere's winter, but of course everywhere has some value -- worst case, it's a cheap spot for somebody to float a skybox. So a "reverse auction" makes sense if you have the patience to start at some higher-than-really-expected price and gradually drop it until somebody eventually buys.

Used to be that landbots would buy any parcel anywhere for a low enough price, but they're no longer allowed. I imagine that humans have re-assumed that role, at a slower pace.

If you look in my picks you'll see one lot that has a picture of a boat.

That's a river / swamp area on M land - a whole bunch of small islands around 'river like' water.

There are a lot of lots within a sim's distance that are up for sale, in multiple directions. Some of them water, some of them islands.

- Might be one in there that's of interest.

You're more than welcome to rent or buy my mainland, whichever is easier for you. It's 3584sqm (64m x 56m) water parcel with 820 prims (-1 for the rentbox if renting), the use of my objects (if renting) should you need them -- all at a mere L$850 a week. It's a nice neighborhood, it's quiet & beautiful... And like I said, if you'd rather buy than rent, we can work out something reasonable. Lemme know if you're interested...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.