OMG ALL OF MY STUFF ARE AWAY:LOST LOST:

FreakyGin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks

I have been here a long time a premium account. Now disbanded and continue to run as a free way. My apartment is well resolved ..... BUT .... My stuff did not come back into my inventory.

It definitely lacks a TNT-sex-Bed Cost: 5000 L $
also a bad Cost: L $ 300

Today I really is not for jokes.

Who knows what to do?

Hi FreakyGin,

It's unusual to lose only one item. Sometimes your local inventory list gets corrupted and you have to force the viewer to build a new copy with information from the SL servers. Here's a web page all about inventory loss...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

Try the first of the Common Solutions, paying special attention to point 6, which tells you to "wait in place 5 minutes". Log-in to a quiet sim like Smith or Pooley and wait for inventory to rebuild. Do NOT teleport anywhere until the inventory item count stops growing.

Good luck!

That thing you found was a "coalesced object". That was probably created when you abandoned your home and everything in it was returned in one lump. When this happens, the whole lump is named after one of the objects inside it. And as you saw, the icon for a coalesced object is a li'l pile of object icons.

I'm glad you found your bed!

This happens a lot.

Suggestion that when getting ready to leave some land, pull the important stuff back into inventory one by one, sort them where you can remember, and then get rid of your land.

- Also, nevery buy noCopy stuff unless its the only option available for the kind of product you want. There are plenty of high quality copy beds out there, so I suggest replacing this bed.

And finally, if you DO end up with a coalesced pile of objects like this again, when rezzing them, go somewhere isolated and open the build menu BEFORE rezzing - that way when you rez them everything rezzes selected so you can move everything to somewhere you can see and rez, and then find what you need. When you just rez them without opening build first, they pop in spaced apart as they were when they came to you, and sometimes that means some of them will appear outside of the land you can rezz in - those one can end up being deleted... forever... if no copy. Or they might just instead go into your inventory - I've yet to figure out why one or the other situation happens as since the first time this hit me I've always tried to remember to open the build window first.

By contrast if you have them all selected when they rez, the items that rez outside where you can build will be fine as long as you move them into the land you can rez in BEFORE 'letting go' of them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.