Is there anything... Grand Fathered for sale?

beethros Karas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

beethros Karas wrote:

For example the password of an avatar. Or that make it loose the value aswell and i am wrong?

Thanks anyway! Topic still open
:)

Hope dies last!

think you better edit your post .. accounts are NOT tranferable. Its against TOS and you will be removed from SL. Think thats not the ultimate goal for a businessman.

beethros Karas wrote:

Thank you alt

I will kepp hoping for something else, than someone else does know though.

For example the password of an avatar. Or that make it loose the value aswell and i am wrong?

Thanks anyway! Topic still open

Hope dies last!

It is against the TOS to transfer an avatar to anyone, so getting the password for an avatar that owns one as opposed to buying one outright is illegal.  You'd get caught when you put your PIOF for that avatar when it has a different name.

Unfortunately the only way to get a discount on tiers for a region is to own LOTS of them.

Doesn't hurt to leave it up.

To be specific:

4.1 You may not sell, transfer or assign your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

http://lindenlab.com/tos#tos4

Linden Lab does allow for transfer of ownership under certain circumstances, for instance with a Will.

I don't know that it has ever happened but I could see instances of LL approving.  For instance a Merchant wanting to sell their business to a third party complete with all their intellectual property.

I don't think they'd do it to get around the grandfathering ending.

Note, it does not prohibit you from authorizing an agent to act on your behalf.  But you still remain responsible for that agents action. 

Thank you very much Perrie!

Sometimes an answer in forums cant be trustable, but yours and the others above was so clear and also based in facts (Copy of the TOS itself) makes me feel so good beeing part of this community.

I dkn the TOS.. wich is finally truth.

• 2 months later...

For what it's worth, if someone did offer an account for sale with grandfathered land attached and someone took them up on the offer, they would have no protection if it turned out the account was actually stolen from someone else.

Many scams are based on buyers doing something they already know they shouldn't be doing. It cuts them off from help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.