How to get (help) with enableing 'object-entry' on premium sandbox ?

Richardus Raymaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have premium, because the sandboxes. But need to admit i feel slowly triked by linden lab.The problem, i can work on my project in silence because the have disable object-entry on the premium sandboxes.Trying to get it enabled for 1 week now , but i think support is running by computer.How much you try to explain it how miuch times you write object entry the dont understand it.I dont have premum to end in some grippled empty sandbox. you pay for less, compared with crowded free sandboxes.

How can 'we' get linden lab sofar that the correct this mistake and enable object entryat least on a few sandbox regions as example "Sandbox Admiranda" and  "Sandbox Prodesse" with object entry enabled.

If the are scared that the get trash from nbeigborn sims into the sandboxthats easy to solve by createing a small parcel around the sandbox with ' object entry' disabled but keep the big part enabled.

Other thing why is ther enot a sepcial premium verhicle/script sandbox. with offcorse object-entry enabled.

As a premium member you should be able to rez objects there.  Object entry is only needed if the object is rezzed outside the sim and you drag/drive the object into the sandbox.  You can rez vehicles inside the sandbox without a problem and having a border lot with object entry disabled isn't going to be any better than what you have now as you still couldn't drive a vehicle across it.  If you want to test vehicles out on sim crossings, its best to do that on mainland roads to get a true picture of how it reacts when crossing a sim line.

I definitely can see where object entry would be a negative for a premium sandbox and why they don't want to disable it.  Someone who is premium could have a throw away griefer alt that rezzes a griefer object outside the sim and uses their main to drag it in.  I wouldn't hold my breath expecting your request to be granted.

Mainland roads is not the best place if you need to develop and test objects/scripts that are crossing simborder. for something basic like that the epty premium sandboxes are perfect. except. nothing can go to the neighborn sims. ALso mainland roads are not made for developing items and things. rezz area is limited to. This is wherePremium sandboxes are perfect for and you would expect also to use for that. Sofar im still wrong.

I very much doubt this will happen. The Lab has seemingly changed its view of Object Entry on public land. It's leaving existing lands with the less restrictive permissions, but Zindra was explicitly set so that almost all roads and waterways prohibit Object Entry. A couple years ago, I asked to have that changed on Zindra to match the other continents, and was told it was done intentionally, explicitly to prevent all the Abuse Reports they were getting about certain autonomous vehicles (you know whose). Because the Premium sandboxes were introduced later (after Zindra, IIRC), I'm not surprised they too have object entry disabled.

Thing is, none of this is a problem for normal vehicles. If you sit on the object, it can cross into no-object-entry parcels just fine. It only affects autonomous vehicles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.