How to find an object in a sim

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, heh, found it. Turn on beacons for physical objects and go to about http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Seymour/3/2/83 and look down at the corner of the sim: a ton of very rapidly temp-rezzing physical scripted objects called "up"... seems to be the product of an exceptionally lame griefer HUD. They will eventually try to orbit you.

Thank you Qie :) I hoped you'd see my post.

I'd actually found that object (it's across the corners of all 4 sims that meet on that corner), but I didn't see anything there as being physical. I saw they were temp though. I still don't see them as physical. Are you sure they are?

I'd actually opened a ticket about the Physics Time problem, and I'd explained about that object, whether or not it's the culprit.

ETA: Yes it is. I forgot to turn beacons on as per your instructions. Now I've turned it on on, that object, or multiple instances of it, is beaconed, even though I can't get any of them marked as physical in Edit. I'll add that to my ticket.

Many thank, Qie.

• 2 months later...

three options:

1. beacons (as mentioned)

2. using a Searchbert (a freebie)

3. enter with Firestorm viewer, under world, see option area search.  If you know at least part of name, it will find it.  Then you will have options to be teleported there, to zoom on it, to delete it etc. 

Note - if object is hidden under the ground sheet, to to preferences and remove camera counstraints.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.