How do you determine the actual size?

Anjel4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to buy another parcel, & was wondering where do you look to see the exact measurements of the parcel to determine if the house I wanna buy will fit on the land?  It's only a 512 m slab, but I realize they can have diff dimensions (?? x ??).  Can someone please help?  Thanks

Oh & also, how high you can put a Skybox?  I thought I read somewhere that you can put it up pretty high, so I sat on mine & tried to elevate it to I think it was like 500 & ended up getting completely lost to where I couldn't see or move... Thanks again

Don't know of any way to get parcel dimensions other than visit it and try to edit the land, right-click on it. I'm not sure that will do it. But, I don't do much with land. Hopefully someone will have a better answer.

You can turn on coordinates in the region address window at the top of the viewer, again right click Then walk the parcel and get the coordinates for the parcel corners. Some subtraction and prossibly some trig and you'll have dimensions.

The easy way to place things at elevation is to rez a cube on the ground. Edit it and set the Z position to what ever elevation you want the sky box at. Fly up or use world map to tp up to the cube. Rez your skybox on the cube.

Above 3000m things start to move/creep due to math rounding erors. I think the limit is 4000. You can look in the SL wiki  under LIMITS to find out the various limits in use in SL. 1000m and 2000m are common elevations for skyboxes.

Do what Nalates said, visit the parcel and edit the land by right-clicking on it. Then choose select. Draw the narrowest selection you can across the parcel along one dimension. Note the total meters selected and divide by four. That's your first dimension. Then do the same thing along the other dimension, i.e., draw the narrowest selection you can from edge to edge, note the total square meters selected and divide by four. That's your other dimension.

The smallest amount you can select is 16 square meters. That's why you divide by four, because the smallest amount selected will be 4 meters by 4 meters.

Yes!

And as for the highest point.. it is 4096m. (The Edge of the grid.)

So, building your platform at 4000m where is usually the majority of the highest sky "boxes", is something common.

Depending on your area's trafic, try to build it in a level that it isnt close to other sky "boxes" maybe at 3,132m?

Answering for  BEE Real Estate

Yokopikos!

If you lack rezzing rights on a plot of land:

Attach a basic prims to yourself on the 'avatar center' attachment point.

Go sit near where about the center of the area you want to measure is.

Then just edit that prim until it fits inside perfectly, and read off its size numbers - they will be in divisions of 4 if you've moved and sized the prim right.

• 2 months later...

I use the same trick as Pussycat when shopping for furniture and houses. I make a hollow rectangle that's as big as the land, or as big as the room I want to decorate, wear that on avatar center, and walk around the showrooms to see what will fit.

You could even take a top-down picture and map that on a prim if you wanted to fit your existing floorplan.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.