Where did it go??????

jackandvera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

I decided to come back to SL after a period of 7 years....oh how things have changed:smileyhappy:    Anyway, just wanted your opinions on some matters....  I remember using a tool called 'Filming Path'....which as far as I can remember was quite good... I've been looking around for some alternatives but am finding it all a bit confusing..  Ideally, what I'd like to do is concentrate more on Machinima this time around so am looking for a camera tool that would enable me to plot camera positions and move around my av as I am walking/moving etc.  I am trying out a few free tools at the moment but they are a little limited etc

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.....

These days folks wanting to do what you mention use Space Navigator -- a hardware device. The "drop the balls and follow the line" thing has been gone for MANY years. Not sure it would still work even if someone had one. Codes have changed greatly.  You can of course do lovely slow cams now with ease (especially with Firestorms easy tool settings) so that is an option if you don't want to by Space Navigator at $80 - $90 US. 

(I don't use it by the way :D).

• Like 1

You can get BijoCam Kit which was a sold product but is now free. It's not on the market place, just look it up in in world search and follow the link to NeoVictoria.

I have to say that although I have it I never use it, too fiddly. I agree with Chic that using flycam is much easier and gets better results. You don't have to use Space Navigator (which is damn expensive) I have an XBox for Windows game pad which works fine. And I am actually developing a virtual flycam which means that you can just use the keyboard for the same effect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.