Hiding SetText

anselm Hexicola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While filming/screen capturing in SL, there are shortcuts to hide the Viewer UI and also any HUD's one might have attached to get a nice clean capture. But what about the SetText that is presented by objects? If they were your own, you could just comment out that part of the script; but often that is not the case. So, my Q is - is there any setting in the Advanced or Develop menus that could render such "visual noise" invisible? I use the LL Official Viewer.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

[ edited for typos]

Advanced -> Performance Tools -> Show Render Weight for Avatars

Enabling "Show Render Weight for Avatars" will hide all hover text.  After disabling "Show Render Weight for Avatars", the hover text will still be hidden.

Note that this trick will not work for hover text that is being refreshed on a timer though.

Whirly, thanks for your tip. I am not on my PC at present, so cant try that out just yet.

However, I am curious about your statement :-

"After disabling "Show Render Weight for Avatars", the hover text will still be hidden."

I am wondering how you ever get SetText display back again - next login or what?

In any case, I think I am thwarted because the obtrusive SetText is being changed constantly by the object's script (it is a vehicle).

As a very general comment, I have always found SetText  an ugly feature of the SL 3D space. I can see the point of it, but it sits in 2D while the "world" moves with your camera.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.