Heads Up - Trojan warnings for YouTube ads

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went to view my YouTube stream (all SL machinima) and foolishly clicked on an "ad" which seemed to be from YouTube and was indeed FED from YouTube, those nasty new banners that come when you start the video.

Bells and whistles and virus alerts (thank goodness). Tried to report to YouTube but the way they have it set up now your really can't as the problem disappears when you go into REPORT mode.

So just a friendly warning. BE VERY CAREFUL as they are apparenlty not minding the store well.

This is becoming an old problem on many sites.  The site owner doesn't always vet the ads so the ads becomes carriers of malware.  All the major Internet companies hve suffered from this at one time or another.

Best bet is to not click on any internet ads.

Agreed and I almost never do but this really did appear to be from YouTube *yes I know it wasn't - LOL*. I absolutely hate the newish enforced ads on the pages. Happy that my virus software seems to be in the forefront so far as detection goes. Now and then though one can slip by. Tough out there.

That happened because you forgot to give peanuts monkeys when you went to the zoo :P . monkeys are mean if you doon't give them gifties:matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

Get greasemonkeys and its utilities or Use any browser that blocks ads. Also run it in a sandbox.There is sandboxie that is free and works pretty well for that bs that would escape from your browsers scripts.

You can run SL viewer in paranooid mode cutting off its plugins or even run it within sandboxie.It doesn't help only your browsers but any program you want to run through it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.