why did the system cancel my purchase of linden dollars

Tiare Kanno

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

If your PayPal account is backed up by a bank account, that's fine.  Under those circumstances, however, you must maintain a cash balance in your PayPal account if you plan to use it for SL purchases.  Here's the relevant section of Linden Lab's explanation of their billing policy:

"Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source, OR that you pay with your PayPal balance in USD. Without a sufficient USD balance in your PayPal account, you will not be able to use it with only a bank account."

• Like 2

The problem, as stated in the Linden Lab policy that I quoted above, is that PayPal can't transfer the money from your bank account fast enough to make instant payment to Linden Lab. The transaction times out while Linden Lab is waiting for PayPal to get your money, so your purchase is canceled. The solution is to keep a cash balance in your PayPal account so that Linden Lab doesn't have to wait for a bank transfer.

4 minutes ago, Morgan Tarber said:

So they are no longer accepting credit card payments? I've never used paypal and I never will. I have used my credit card for years with no problem. So much for that.

The post is from 9 years ago and yes, they still accept credit cards.

• Like 1

billing maintenance is over and here i have the same problem. can not buy lindens at all. my card is ok ( visa ) . used it to buy stuff online today. second life billed my account before and it went through. but not able to buy lindens today. before or after maintenance 

( edit ) called billing support and they claim the bank is denying the payment. card works fine though when i pay for amazon , discord , ... so i suspect second life their system triggers something that causes banks to deny payments.

Edited by umbraala
updated information

On 5/19/2023 at 7:13 PM, Morgan Tarber said:

That said, I haven't been able to complete a purchase and my cards are good.

Maybe a strange question but what country are you in. My card suddenly does not work either for second life while it works all normal for every other payment online. I am in belgium - europe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.