alternative account and L$

k1234567890y

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have alternative accounts, I have an question about multiple accounts and Linden Dollar earning, is it ok to earn some L$ using account one, and earn some money using accoun two at the same time in the same place using the same way? is it ok to earn some L$ using account one, and earn some money using accoun two at the same/different time in the same/different place using the different way? or should any of the multiple-account-dollar-earning situatiuons be seen as a kind of frauds?

EDIT: thanks Rolig Loon

What I am asking is that for example, there are dancing poles in Adult Hub BDSM, and I have several accounts, if I let the avatar of one of my account, say account one, dance there, and also let the avatar of another account of mine, say account two, dance there, at the same time, is that ok or is that a deception or fraud?

also, if I let the avatar of account one dance with the dancing poles in Adult Hub BDSM but let account two earn Linden dollars by other means, is that ok or is that a deceptin or fraud?

3 answers to this question

I'm having a hard time understanding the point of your question, so I may not give you the answer you are expecting.  Every account in SL is separate.  It doesn't make any difference whether two accounts are owned by different people or by the same person.  Linden Lab treats your accounts as if they were strangers to each other.  That means you can do anything with your alt that you can do with any other SL resident -- be friends, give each other transferable items, send each other L$, partner with each other, be co-owners of a group, ......  There are things that you cannot do with another resident, so you can't do them with your alt either --- share non-transfer items, be co-owners of a Marketplace store or of land, transfer your USD balances to each other ......

If that's not what you were looking for, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to provide extra information or to clarify your question. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

• Like 1

Your alts are treated by Linden Lab as completely separate accounts, and only LL knows that they are being controlled by the same person...unless you tell someone, or give yourself away.

None of the situations you describe are against the Terms of Service.  A club owner might consider it a deceptive practice if you were to sign up your alts for employment, feeling that it was taking away an opportunity for someone else.  If you feel uneasy about it, I suggest you ask the club owner and see what they say.

• Like 1

k1234567890y wrote:

[....]

EDIT: thanks Rolig Loon
 for your help but your answer was not not related to something I was asking.

What I am asking is that for example, there are dancing poles in Adult Hub BDSM, and I have several accounts, if I let the avatar of one of my account, say account one, dance there, and also let the avatar of another account of mine, say account two, dance there, at the same time, is that ok or is that a deception or fraud?

also, if I let the avatar of account one dance with the dancing poles in Adult Hub BDSM but let account two earn Linden dollars by other means, is that ok or is that a deceptin or fraud?

Oh, I see what you mean now.  Thanks for the clarification.  No, that's not a problem, although I think it's wise to be upfront with people that you work for and with.  Some customers may be ticked if they think you are trying to fool them, so be open about it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.