Honored Resident
Jarrod1

Where to meet nice women

Hey gang, well I feel a little embarrassed posting this question, but here it goes. I am still relatively new to SL and was wondering where is a great place to meet a nice woman on SL for dating and maybe more if things went that direction. I have tried a couple of dating agencies and such but did not have much luck, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for your time :smileyhappy:

Elisheva Sopwith

Re: Where to meet nice women

Reply to Jarrod1 - view message

Does anyone else want to tell him, or shall I?

KeeperS Karu

In all honesty, I've found that, when trying to meet someone who matches your tastes, your best bet is to simply engage in the activities you enjoy. In this way, you'll find someone you actually like and enjoy doing things with.

If you haven't already discovered this, there are plenty of fun activities to engage in, in Second Life. You can bowl, golf, fish, sword fight, role play (a wide variety of themes, there), cosplay, go clubbing, create things for your private enjoyment and/or to sell to others, try long distance learning at one of the many universities located in Second Life, join one of the many religious groups and engage in discussions, fly planes and engage in dogfights, and go boating and/or engage in ship battles. And that's just the very tip of the iceberg. In other words, really take a look around and explore SL, find something you enjoy doing, and egage in it, wholeheartedly. Eventually, before you know it, you'll find someone you like and who likes you. Just like in real life, really.

Power corrupts, and absolute power is really kinda neat.
Helper
Storm Clarence

I got in some trouble the last time I mentioned something along this line, but I heard Scylla is available.  :matte-motes-bored:  

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

You can meet nice people just about anywhere!  I met my three closest friends in three different places doing three different things.  Explore.  Join groups that have interests you share, or do not have interests you share but have things that interest you.  Have few expecatations and relax.  Your world. Your imagination!

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Randall Ahren
Topics: 28
Blog Posts: 0

Jarrod, how can you NOT meet nice women? They are all around. It's virtually impossible to avoid them. Your question is improperly framed. A better question would be how could I get a nice woman interested in me? Let's assume you spotted a potential candidate and she responded to your brilliant opening overture of an IM say "hi" with the following request:

Tell me something interesting about yourself. Lie if you have to.

How do you respond? She has observed the exterior package and concluded that it meets minimum acceptable standards. She's now trying to gauge the person behind the avatar. Convince her your worthy. What do you have for us?

Willow Danube

What kind of 'Nice' are you looking for?

Not too long ago, I kinda helped someone fix his avatar (he was having trouble getting a girl) and showed him where to get clothes and all. Mind you this guy wasn't the easiest to converse with and he creeps me out a little. A few days back I checked his profile and there it is, him and his new girl in his Pick. The location of that picture was taken in Blarney Pub in Dublin.

I think you already have an outgoing personality, maybe all you need now is to get yourself a nice suit and great hair and head down to Dublin?

Oh and Yes, quality girls are either opinionated or very self-efficient ... You will need to keep up with her. Read more about Second Life, know how to use your viewer well, be most current with what's going on with the outside world (real world), have your lindens enough in the account, act as if you enjoyed what you are doing (like Randall said, Lie if you must), LAUGH Out Loud, Be adventurous and most of all act as if You are her knight in shinning armour. I have this friend of mine who I will always scream for help when I need to be saved from potentially, a bad date. One time, he got into fight with this teenager for calling me ugly... and another time he reprimanded an admin in an RP sim for being too late for her duty and made Me wait for her. Whatever you do, don't try or appear to be desperate... NICE women might shy away. Be Cool.

Busy saving the world

A friend said once, "get them to talk about themselves because people love to talk about themselves".

Well, maybe.

Try it and see.

Advisor
Ishtara Rothschild

Are you looking for RL or SL women? It shouldn't be too hard to run into the latter. Try Zindra, or any of the private adult-rated estates.

Helper
Storm Clarence

Reply to Ishtara Rothschild - view message

I've met 'women' everywhere in SL but on Zindra.  I have been to Zindra once, as a female friend owned a parcel.  I guess, as I can not 'judge' a place I have never visited, the type and quality of the woman of your desires certainly has to be considered; along with your desires. Zindra is for adult entertainment.