Honored Resident
BlondeAmbiti0n

SL Drama is more annoying than RL Drama....

I've been on SL for a short while and have learned quite a bit and made a couple of nice friends. I enjoy playing everyday and interacting with so many different people but lately i've started to wait till later in the day to play to avoid the person I'm partnered with. We're not in love with eachother, we became partners cause when we met we had such good conversations and connected well so we figured, why not. We talked about having babies together for something interesting to try, i don't know anyone who has babies in SL so we thought it was a cool idea. Now, I have no problem separating RL from SL, and he says he doesn't either, but he messaged me last night saying he had a friend who's gf cheated on him and he was going to not tell me and let this guy see if he could sleep with me to see if i was cheating....Are you freaking serious? How is it cheating if you entered the partnership on a base of friendship and everything's in good fun? Has anyone else had this problem where one partner is blurring the lines and you don't know whether to give them the boot or stick it out?

Helper
Storm Clarence

Re: SL Drama is more annoying than RL Drama....

Reply to BlondeAmbiti0n - view message

Unpartner.  It only cost a few L's.

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

It sounds like your friend is into some drama.  My advice is to either re-negotiate what 'partner' means to you or end the partnership.  You can still be friends, of course, that is up to you both.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===

Sounds like you rushed into a partnership without discussing what the 'rules' will be.  Its always a good idea to discuss what the partnership means to each other and the expectations of each partner BEFORE you partner to avoid this kind of drama. Top on the list should be each others expectations in regards to exclusivity.

To me, honest communication between partners is the most important part of a partnership.  Rather than consider setting you up for some type of junior high test,  he should have come and discussed his desire for exclusivity with you and allowed you to decide if you could agree to what he wanted.  From what you say, he ultimately did this.

Only you can decide what to do now.  To help you decide if you would like to continue the partnership you should sit down and discuss each others expectations and where you can agree, where you can come to a compromise that both can live with, and what the deal breakers are before making a final decision.  When situations come up that may not have been discussed ahead of time sit down again and decide what is best for both parties before acting. 

Photobucket
Sonja Smedley

Hey....my advice is also to unpartner!...I had lots of drama in the past here with my partners but now I found the right way for me to be at SL.

I stay single and enjoy SL and I have much more fun than before! :0)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/stores/70253

JeanneAnne
Topics: 24

BlondeAmbiti0n wrote:

I've been on SL for a short while and have learned quite a bit and made a couple of nice friends. I enjoy playing everyday and interacting with so many different people but lately i've started to wait till later in the day to play to avoid the person I'm partnered with. We're not in love with eachother, we became partners cause when we met we had such good conversations and connected well so we figured, why not. We talked about having babies together for something interesting to try, i don't know anyone who has babies in SL so we thought it was a cool idea. Now, I have no problem separating RL from SL, and he says he doesn't either, but he messaged me last night saying he had a friend who's gf cheated on him and he was going to not tell me and let this guy see if he could sleep with me to see if i was cheating....Are you freaking serious? How is it cheating if you entered the partnership on a base of friendship and everything's in good fun? Has anyone else had this problem where one partner is blurring the lines and you don't know whether to give them the boot or stick it out?

I think that many people who are bored in rl seek drama in sl, for the sake of excitement or to stir up emotions that if stirred in rl, might be dangerous or associated with doing something dangerous. If you aren't into this then you'd better unpartner. But what if you escalated the drama, just to see what would happen? Give your partner a tastes of his own medicine. Maybe that would teach him a lesson. Or maybe that's what he wants to happen. You don't have to seriously be all into the drama yourself, just rp it. It might be fun!

Jeanne

Lanas Criss

[ Edited ]

Beachball Bootaroni.png

My answer is probably a bit too flippant, but I was looking for a fun Picture Pose theme and this was just perfect since I'm in a swift kick sort of mood.  Honestly if it isn't fun, and ends up being more drama than RL, then a quick kick and run may be the best for everyone in the long run.  Keep it fun!

Enjoy your soccer challenge free kick, if it comes to that :smileywink:

Lanas

Start Enjoying Yourself Tonight! CandyPop Poses :smileyhappy:
Dana Hickman
Topics: 2

[ Edited ]

Some people use the act of getting partnered under the guise of being "just friends" as a tactic, or bait. Then they use that partnering to put the pressure on you to act more like lovers, soulmates, or a romantic couple in love. There's some really twisted self-justifications going on when people do that to others, as well as the old "bait and switch" routine, but moreover it just shows that the person who does this is cowardly and manipulative. In this case I wouldn't blame the partnership, I'd blame the partner.

Honored Resident
ebutterfield

Best way to deal with DRAMA is to change your name.  As soon as DRAMA says hello what is your name, you reply:

MY NAME IS KIM

KIM=KEEP IT MOVING!

Honored Resident
BlondeAmbiti0n

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments, my SL Drama is all over....for now i suppose lol :matte-motes-sarcasm: