Honored Resident
Astarte Artaud

Is there an alternative to Open Collar ??

Now that the Open Collar Group have ditched the database is there any other collar around SL, not relying on the open collar script that will operate grid wide.  I found it extremely useful to force tp subs to me when out and about the grid and access their controls/constraints without actually being in the same sim as the sub.

Now that feature of Open Collar has been eliminated I am looking for an alternative,  but so many products seem to based on that now defunct Open Collar script.  Can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative

Imnotgoing Sideways
Topics: 4

Re: Is there an alternative to Open Collar ??

Reply to Astarte Artaud - view message

If you want something that works from device to device... It's expensive, but, check out the ToKon HUD.  Basically, the HUD holds your info sort of like a database and any devices you wear or interact with which are ToKon compatible will behave according to your settings without re-configging all the time. (^_^)

Otherwise, if you're out for something that's simply free and complete, look for Darien's big box of stuff.  It's a collection of  nearly all the items which were being sold by Dari's Haus and were set to public domain when the owner shut her store down. (^_^)y

EGL Style Glasses, Shoes, and Doll Keys.
Honored Resident
Astarte Artaud

Reply to Imnotgoing Sideways - view message

Sorry  already have tokon,  but that is limited to use within a sim as far as I can see,  not  gridwide

Innula Zenovka

You don't, of course, need any sort of grid-wide access simply to force-tp your subs to you; rlv does that, simply by setting "@accepttp:<your uuid>=add", which I'm pretty sure you can do with the OC RLV menu.

As to setting stuff from a distant sim, I couldn't swear to it, but I have an idea that you can that with Amethyst's collars.   It would certainly be worth asking in the Amethyst & Sensations group about it.    There's certainly a "remote" section of the Sensations website.

Honored Resident
Makyinzie

The forced TP seems to still work from other sims. I tried this earlier as a test. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is anything that required the database. Clothes are still removeable, forced animations still work, leash works.

Honored Resident
Astarte Artaud

Thanks for all your pointers.  Yes it appears that forced teleport can be done outside the hud menu, but it is mainly that you now have to be in sight of the other avatar to control them by using their collar, I am just no longer able to control them at a distance through my own collar.  fortunately that can be acheived with tokon and others as long as the slave is in the same sim as myself. It is now me just getting used to a new way of controlling them.

jennylongview Innovia

Thinks that forced tp still work.. (smiles) But as mention Dari Haus (sp) still works good. But OC is still the best.. But you may try T&T chasity belt has forced tp's also...

Have a wonderfully  short week

“I've been called many things, but never an intellectual.”

Innula Zenovka

I've taken another look at the Remote features of the Sensations products, and, while the information is not as accessable as it might be -- you need to get a free Sensations hud and use it to register with their website to see it -- it certainly looks to me as if someone could use that to send commands to my Amethyst collar from a secure section of the website if I put their name there -- so you could be anywhere on the grid, or not even logged in at all.

As I said, I am not 100% certain how it works, but, to my mind, it would be worth at least asking in the in-world Amethyst group if anyone knows more about it.

Resident
Gertrude Peapod

The M&S Diamond Eternity triplet bands is really good.  Found at the Master & Slave Toy Store, Cleora

Honored Resident
KeliahAngelis

Forced TP still works. We use this feature. I'm guessing that during the last update that your sub did not update her collar all the way. With the new update, the updater puts minimal scripts into the Open Collar. The wearer of the collar needs to select all the scripts/options on the update window in order to get back the features. 

"Worlds self made are so full of monsters and demons."

Photographer
Roleplayer