Honored Resident
Zeta Zemach

Is Second Life only about sex?

I have been in Seoond Life for about a year now  (actually I have been there for 5 years, but I had a 4 year break and came back about a year ago) and it gets more and more clear to me that Second Life primarily is about sex and partnerships, and I often find the gender roles to be overly sexy and overly romantic. I know I'm stepping on somebodys toes here :smileysad:

Im not interested in neither and for that reason I'm wondering if there is any future for me in SL. What I found was a lot of needy men who would defriend me as soon as they realized that I was serious about not having sex or relationships.

I'm in SL because I'm interested in virtual worlds and I like to talk to people from all over the world

What do you think? Does it make any sense to be in SL if you dont want to have sex or doesn't believe in SL relationsships??

Thinkerer Melville

Re: Is Second Life only about sex?

Reply to Zeta Zemach - view message

Hippie Bowman
Topics: 57
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

Zeta Zemach wrote:

I have been in Seoond Life for about a year now  (actually I have been there for 5 years, but I had a 4 year break and came back about a year ago) and it gets more and more clear to me that Second Life primarily is about sex and partnerships, and I often find the gender roles to be overly sexy and overly romantic. I know I'm stepping on somebodys toes here :smileysad:

Im not interested in neither and for that reason I'm wondering if there is any future for me in SL. What I found was a lot of needy men who would defriend me as soon as they realized that I was serious about not having sex or relationships.

I'm in SL because I'm interested in virtual worlds and I like to talk to people from all over the world

What do you think? Does it make any sense to be in SL if you dont want to have sex or doesn't believe in SL relationsships??

HI Zeta!  Welcome back.  To me SL is much much more then just pixel grinding.  Building, chatting, meeting new people with a vast range in interests.  YAY and Far out!

Peace!

Space Craft Builder, Teacher, and Slum Lord. Owner of Lagrange Space Port. Located at LaGrange Point. "http//slurl.com/secondlife/Lagrange%20Point/150/18" Residential parcels for sale! Check out my Blog =http://hippiebowman.blogspot.com/
Dilbert Dilweg

[ Edited ]

There is quite a bit more to Sl than sex. I created 2 popular clubs on the basis of  absolutely no sexual content. Clean PG clubs and the communities that were created from those 2 clubs were of people with like minds who don't care for the sexual aspect of Sl.

Even tho we ran clean clubs, there was still a few guys that would come in looking for sex and they would quickly be removed or asked to stop.. It all depends on where you hang out I guess. But really even hanging out at the cleanest of places. You will still eventually encounter users like that. But that's why the LL gods gave us mute... Don't let it get to you. Just find some cool places to hang out, but always know that no one place or online venue can fully control the actions of a another user. But you can control your own interaction with them by blocking or allowing it :smileyhappy:

wrable Amat

I have been here almost 6 years and never been involved with any one but friendships . 90% of the time I spend building and learning,my love affair here is 100% creative and I have never taken a spin on one of those beds and I make babies and tummy systems that are designed for couples . 

Never one time have I used my own products for their designed purpose.I really have all the fun and coming up with the HUDs and how they work.I spent years learning to get about 100 functions in a less then 120 string single root script system,the end result is not relevant to me..

Like any one else I came here to see the cool new world on the internet ! I did not even know how to use MS paint,much less scripting anything,  I fell in love with the tools and functionality of second life more then the social aspect.

Maybe you just need a addiction?

www.MommyIncSL.us
ROB34466IIIa

[ Edited ]

Zeta Zemach wrote:

It makes perfect sense to me.

Don' t think you are alone in this.

Have a good ,and foremost, an enjoyable SL the way you like it.

[*.o] "Whaddya mean : "we", mamal ?!?" : Bender [o.*]
Honored Resident
Migellan

I would say this- for many people SL is only about sex. It is a mature place where for many people cyber sex is very important.

Personaly for me SL is not about sex. Is always How much eforts you put into second life. If you only flirting with people , then SL is about sex I am a person who likes explore things. I like visiting places and seek for rare stuff and designs which are unique. SL is a place which has endless posibilities to explore. Noone can ever say that have seen everything. I explore every night for last 162 days of my life and I cannot say I am tired of SL.

So basicly. SL is what you made it to be. For some people is just a sex place but for other it can be a place full of treasures and stuff you would never experience in RL.

Luc Starsider

As the others have said, it is perfectly possible to be in SL for other reasons than sex. Personally, it's the building I do myself, the builds and creations others have made, along with the diversity in people and personalities that makes SL such a joy to be a part of.

And if the responses in this thread is any indication, it seems the men you have met are in the minority. :smileyhappy:

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.

SL is about more than sex and there are a lot of people here that aren't interested in it either.  Howver just like RL, many people are interested in it.  That doesn't make them bad people necessarily as most of them also engage in non sexual activities and have other interests.  Sex is just a part of their life like it is in RL.  However it doesn't have to be part of your SL.  Its your choice.

It is almost inevitable that someone is going to ask you for sex.  However you don't have to engage in it.  If they defriend you as a result, it tells you about the so called 'friendship'.  Your better off without that kind of friend.

Photobucket
ROB34466IIIa

[ Edited ]

Reply to Amethyst Jetaime - view message

/me adds to his profile .. : " No fapping on my account." 

( Just a precaution on inevitability as suggested by Amethyst.)

[*.o] "Whaddya mean : "we", mamal ?!?" : Bender [o.*]