Honored Resident
Allazondra Torii

Re: Are you dating a typist in SL or do you voice?

[ Edited ]

Reply to ebutterfield - view message

I HATE HATE HATE people who use voice...it's unfair to most users, causes so many problems, alienates users of another language, and completely destroys rp's. Unless I am at an Opera or similar musical performance I see no real use for it whatsoever (other than perhaps a language lab or television show, etc. of course).

Personally, I think voice is only for rude lazy people with little imagination and poor spelling skills :smileywink:

Six Igaly
Topics: 29

Reply to Allazondra Torii - view message

Whu kares abut speling. It is no other then not talking in your native language and so pronounce words way wrong.

You either like or dislike voice (hating people for using voice is similar to hating people for taking a breath). For me it is all about not wanting to hear all background noises (and believe me you don't want to hear the produced noises on this side here). 

I tried voice once and it does not make sense to me. What I hear is in total contradiction to what I see.

Chelsea Malibu

Reply to Six Igaly - view message

Six Igaly wrote:
For me it is all about not wanting to hear all background noises (and believe me you don't want to hear the produced noises on this side here).

That too!  Or when you hear their voice for the first time and it sounds terrible or not nearly as elegant as their avatar.  Sometimes, things are best just not known.

Honored Resident
GariGlitter

[ Edited ]

Reply to Six Igaly - view message

Six Igaly wrote:

It is no other then not talking in your native language and so pronounce words way wrong.

Maybe taking care about grammatical construction and presentation is more important than spelling, although I am not sure if that was the point you were trying to make, intentionally or otherwise, although it was effective.

Sy Beck

The best kiss I've ever had in SL was typed to me and left me speechless for what seemed ages.  I know I could relive that moment again and again by finding it in my chat log, but it still lingers in my mind to this this day.

My L$0.02

Why worry about the Illuminati when the Ignorati outnumber them by billions.

Caitlin Tobias
Topics: 24

Reply to Allazondra Torii - view message

Allazondra Torii wrote:

Personally, I think voice is only for rude lazy people with little imagination and poor spelling skills :smileywink:

I like voice.
I am not rude, nor lazy.

Oh... and my spelling skills may not be perfect in English...they most certainly are in Dutch.

I travel through Second Life, and when I get home I write about it: Caits World
Honored Resident
honerken

[ Edited ]

I don't do SL dating, but I prefer to voice at all times.  My dyslexia makes typing long and difficult.  It's a bit harder to Role Play with voice, but it's still possible.

Petar Faulds
Topics: 4
Blog Posts: 0

I think it will be different for each individual. I don't mind typing but God I love voice, being Aussie, I love the sexy voices that many American ladies have. Mmhmmm yes! I really believe its a matter of mood and where two people wanna take it.

For example im a Phone caller over Skype user but will use Skype. I can emote via typing but prefer voice. Each has its advantages 

To stand still on the summit of reflection is difficult, and in the natural course of things, who cannot go forward steps back.

Gaius Valleius Paterculus

Recognized Resident
mbisionyesyes

[ Edited ]

Reply to Petar Faulds - view message

Petar Faulds wrote:

I think it will be different for each individual. I don't mind typing but God I love voice, being Aussie, I love the sexy voices that many American ladies have. Mmhmmm yes! I really believe its a matter of mood and where two people wanna take it.

For example im a Phone caller over Skype user but will use Skype. I can emote via typing but prefer voice. Each has its advantages 

Omg, this.  The great thing about SL is that people all around the whole world are using it.   You get you hear a variety of different accents and dialects over voice, sometime that text just cannot replicate IMO.

(also, if you're a woman from Enlgand, talk one in a while.  We love your accent.  :smileyvery-happy: )

Petar Faulds
Topics: 4
Blog Posts: 0

Reply to mbisionyesyes - view message

Here, Here mbisionyesyes :smileyhappy:

To stand still on the summit of reflection is difficult, and in the natural course of things, who cannot go forward steps back.

Gaius Valleius Paterculus