how much land can I donate to a group?

Torchwood Anatra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am confused. After owning my land for 5 years, I was away for a month and came back and found my land had been taken by the lindens, all my things were still on the land, but it was not set to Dee Linden. I found a email in spam that said my group donations were over and I needed to correct. Which I didn't while I was gone, so they took all the land. I had 3 groups on two sims. 2 parcels were on on sim, and 1 parcel was on another. No other changes that I was aware of. I have a 1/3 region total land holdings, and my teir fee had not changed. But I am confused what has happened? And  how I make sure it does not happen again.

I rebought the land from Lindens, and then deeded the land to two groups. Instead of 3. But when I go to my land info, it shows my holdings in land fees, but says I do not own mainland. In group land it shows what I donated to the two groups, but it does not equal the amount of land I own. I am so confused! I don't want to mess up again and I never had a problem before. Not over prims. Not sure about the group credits either. Below is the email.

"You are being contacted because you are the owner of one or more groups that are over tier.  The group owned land exceeds the Second Life land use fees.  You, or another member of the group, must increase the land contribution to support the land that is currently owned.  If you do not wish to do this, the group land holdings must be reduced."

Can someone please help explain what I need to do or not do?

2 answers to this question

Group-owned land is held collectively by a group, not by any one group member. For the group to own land, its members must submit land contributions, donations that members make from their own personal land tier allowance. The group can own a total amount of land whose area equals 110% or less of the sum of all group contributions. If at any time a group owns more land than they have land contributions for, Linden Lab contacts the founder of the group. Groups members must contribute more land tier credits to the group or release land within 72 hours, or the group risks losing some of their land. 

• Like 2

To deed land to a group, you have to do two things.  First, deed it...which you have done.

Then, you must donate enough tier to the group to cover the monthly land fees.  As Rolig states, the group gets a 10% bonus on tier.  This is calculated automatically by the system...for example, if you donate 100 square meters of tier, the group will show that they can own up to 110 square meters.

You donate tier by going to the Land and $ tab of the group window, and contribute enough tier to cover the land you've deeded.

Your account is showing things correctly...you deeded the land to a group, so you, personally, don't have that land in your holdings.  That's why it's showing you own 0 sq. m.  But, your monthly land use fees will reflect your current tier level.  That's the "pool" that you can donate to your group.  You'll still pay the money every month to LL (since only people, not groups, can actually hold money.)

You are given a short grace period (72 hours, I believe) between deeding land to a group and having sufficient donations to the group to cover the tier.  Get busy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.