Where may I find the cheapest lands?

jimjimkitty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm pretty new to SL and I'm currently working at a couple of clubs in SL to win some Lindens & I would like that when I get enough money to be able to at least rent a land for my personal use! Please answer as soon as possible, thanks!! :cathappy:

2 answers to this question

jimjimkitty wrote:

I'm pretty new to SL and I'm currently working at a couple of clubs in SL to win some Lindens & I would like that when I get enough money to be able to at least rent a land for my personal use! Please answer as soon as possible, thanks!! :cathappy:

Hello jimjmkitty. -Nice to meet you.

Usually Private Regions are more expensive than Mainland Regions. -There are some differences in the way someone can manage the land, but if the rental comes with full powers (permissions) then a Mainland Region Parcel has not so many differences than a Private Region Parcel. Some of the main differences I will mention here:

Cost to pay the rent in Mainland Regions is approx. 20% or 30% cheaper than Private Regions.

In Private Regions you need to deed a group that you will have to create your self and pay for it (L$100 only once) while in Mainland you join the landlords group with no cost.

In Private Regions you can terraform the parcel up to 80m (40+-) While in Mainland Regions is only 8m (4+-)

In Private Regions the avatar allowed capacity is 100 while in Mainland Regions is 45

These are the main differences between Regions and I hope it will help you to find the lands you really need by matching your criteria.

Here I paste an official SL URL where you can see how to "manage your parcel" and it is referring in both Regions, Mainland and Private.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113

There are so many landlords and it will not be difficult for you to make comparations and choose what it really makes you satisfied. (Just make sure you choose an established one, to avoid a future bankrupt of them and so loose your parcel)

With my last word I will mention the premium membership. If your prim needs are only 117 and no more, then the best is this:

If you manage to collect a lot of L$ then you should exchange them to US$ and pay a premium membership.

When you got the premium membership you will be able to have as a bonus a 512m parcel in Mainland with 117 prims limit. without pay more fees.

You only pay US$10 per month  (or less if you choose annual payment) and then you got this parcel, plus the L$300 stipend every week! https://secondlife.com/premium/

So, with a few words, by paying US$10 per month , you receive back us$5 (L$1200) and you get the 512m parcel!

And of course among other privileges, you feel good to be a premium member!

I hope my bad Greek Syntax was good for you to understand the way lands are charged in SL and help you to find the best for you.

Cheers,

beethros Karas

Beethros has given you good advice.  I will add that it is difficult to earn enough at a club to pay for land.  You will find it much easier to just buy some $L with a credit card or PayPal.  

To find affordable land, use Search, (CTRL+F) and limit the search to land in your price range.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.