When I sell a parcel to decrease my tier payment, when does that come into effect?

Verri Varriale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Just to clarify Marigold's reply, you are charged for tier in arrears, based on the most land you have held at any point during the previous 30 days.   See Mainland Pricing and Fees.

So any reduction in your monthly payment will be reflected in the bill at the end of first billing cycle after you have sold the land.

For example, if you are billed at the the end of the month, and you sell your land at any point during January, it won't affect the bill you receive at the end of January, and (assuming you don't buy any more land in the meantime) you will see a reduction in the bill you receive at the end of February.

• Like 3

Verri Varriale wrote:

I need to sell some land to lower my monthly tier payment. What point in the month should it be sold to lower the next payment?

In addition to the other replies, you should know that just selling land doesn't automatically reduce your tier level - you need to go to your account and manually select a tier level that will suit your now-reduced land holdings or you'll keep being billed for the old level.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.