Objects when joining parcels?

Muletta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Maybe a silly question, but I need to be sure before doing anything...and I can't find info in forum or knowledge base: I have 2 parcels deeded to the same group. They are sharing a border. I know how to join empty parcels. But one these parcel has rezzed objects, the other is empty. When I join the 2 parcels, will it affect the rezzed objects in any way (which is set to group/not deeded)? Thank you in advance for helping with this question (too) :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Theresa, you say "shouldn't affect the object"...but are you absolutely 100% sure? :matte-motes-impatient:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Lindal, I first set both parcel with 0 autoreturn, and I joined them...Things went perfectly well, and I am relieved and happy now. :)

2 answers to this question

Muletta wrote:

Maybe a silly question, but I need to be sure before doing anything...and I can't find info in forum or knowledge base: I have 2 parcels deeded to the same group. They are sharing a border. I know how to join empty parcels. But one these parcel has rezzed objects, the other is empty. When I join the 2 parcels, will it affect the rezzed objects in any way (which is set to group/not deeded)? Thank you in advance for helping with this question (too)
:)

Shouldn't affect the objects at all if the lots still belong to the same group they do now.

I'll chime in here.

If the two parcels have the same autoreturn settings, you're perfectly safe in joining them.

If they have DIFFERENT autoreturn settings, then one parcel will take on the other's settings when you join them, and you can't be entirely sure which one will "rule".

Also, of course, the parcels have to have the same owner (individual or group) and be in the same region, or you can't join them at all.

One further interesting thing.  When you have two or more parcels in the same region, the prim capacity of all the parcels is added together (see this in About Land/Objects/Region Land Capacity.)  If you have, say, two 512 m2 parcels, normally you would think that you can rez 117 prims in each of them.  But, if they are in the same region,. you can rez all 234 prims in one of the parcels, and leave the other one empty.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.