Is there a way to set the Z level of privacy on a parcel? (ie as the windlight settings can be set)

Tin Piek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to set the Z height privacy on your owned land?  I know there is a snippet to set windlights at different heights for your parcel in the first about land tab.  I would like to be able to have my store at the bottom of the sim public, and my apartment that is above set at private, ( not to be able to cam above the 3rd floor of the store and see the avatar.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Hi Tin,

There is no way to restrict camera position, as that's a viewer function. So there is no way at all to prevent people from seeing anything you've rezzed, anywhere you've rezzed it (other than by having a private sim with a whitelist). And the only way to prevent distribution of your avatar to other viewers is to hide avatars on your parcel. You probably already know about that, but here's the Knowledgebase page just in case...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Hiding-avatars-and-restricting-avatar-sounds/ta-p/999779#How_to_hide_avatars_for_a_parcel

Good luck!

Nope.  That's not possible.  The smart thing to do would be to put your apartment at 3500m, well above the store and not obvious from ground level.  Distance means nothing in SL, so you can use local sit TP units to get to and from the apartment and have your privacy.  You could even make a low-prim dummy apartment immediately above the store as a decoy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.