I rent land and my boundaries were changed yesterday with no prior notification

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did not give permission for my boundaries to be altered in any manner.  The owner wanted to put a stream of water between my land and his.  Result was I no long own my land and the boundaries were altered and several of my venues (clubs & an art gallery were returned to me).  What can I do if anything?

2 answers to this question

Probably not much.  A landowner has complete control over how his land is used, and can reclaim, re-terraform, and redecorate it any way he likes.  Although it would be polite and good business practice to let renters know before something changes, there's no rule that says he has to. He doesn't need your permission. In the covenant for my sim, I have a sentence that says I reserve the right to change the sim and its covenant at any time but will try to give a two week warning.

I suggest discussing the situation with the landowner, expressing your hope to stay on the sim and to have a parcel similar in size to the one you just lost. Maybe he'd be willing to terraform and landscape a parcel that is even better than the old one.  Unless the landlord has dozens of potential renters beating on his door, he ought to be glad to work with you toward a solution, rather than losing a paying resident.

The owner is a RL friend of mine - was his estate manager that did it while he is away from sl. He will make it right and yes having owned a sim I know an owner can do as they please but notification prior is wise as you said and that was what I did always. Thanks for your response

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.